G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'74 El Camino "Project Badass"

+23
Joe73
thatfnthing
74Malibu383
bigredlaguna
Damon23
Limey SE
Hs1973
77camino
SSTOOLMAN
pila
77ElClassic
crice63
impalamonte
JB2wheeler
Mcarlo77
77mali
DaveFury
alowerlevel
riddick75
testpilot61
knightfan26917
Roadcaptain S3
chevellelaguna
27 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Empty Re: '74 El Camino "Project Badass"

Post by 74Malibu383 Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Car looks great!

If you're having clearance issues with those header collectors, you can always cut them off and use Band Clamps. I've done it on every set of headers I've ever used. You get what you pay for as far as the clamps go though. I've had some that don't seal very well, and started using the Vibrant ones.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-11730/overview/
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Empty Re: '74 El Camino "Project Badass"

Post by builtnotbought Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:20 am

Showtime73 wrote:That looks awesome man!!  All the hard work really came through in the end.  
Thank you! Still have some issues with leaks and need to complete and redo several things, so always in the build:D  

74Malibu383 wrote:Car looks great!

If you're having clearance issues with those header collectors, you can always cut them off and use Band Clamps. I've done it on every set of headers I've ever used. You get what you pay for as far as the clamps go though. I've had some that don't seal very well, and started using the Vibrant ones.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-11730/overview/

Thank you! Never had an idea of using such connectors on v8 headers cyclops
I think there will be leak problems because headers are real 3"=76.2mm and all other pipes are metric (76 mm)
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 pm

In the beginning of the summer I managed to wash under hood space, closed everything with plastic bags but didn't know till the end if it will start engine normally lol. Never washed such old design engines carbed engines.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3014

Shine on you crazy diamond Very Happy
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3016

Loved this random photo so much, warm russian country evening
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3017

Tuned up airlift V2 controller, made preset ride heights. On ride height, that is in the middle of the front suspension travel, unfortunately I catch and slide on every speed bump on my way with exhaust pipes. So need to air it up not to leave something on the road. And speedbumps became very popular nowadays, I have 4 in each way driving out of my home.
The most curious thing about this car is that it can drive freely aired out. Being so low aired out I can turn 275/40/17 wheels lock to clock with no problem when upper control arms are nearly hitting inner fenders. And there is still gap to go down more Shocked
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3019
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3020
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3018

Like Lambo Grigio Telesto color because it looks different in any type of light.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3110

Besides that I was invited to 3 shows during summer and I think visited them with success except for crookedly fitted front end parts, not closing hood because it still hits underhood braces and bent tailgate by myself with peeling paint after trying to repair it Very Happy  Need to rebuild front end this year and modify hood to let it close. It's very cool to look at photos and mention that everybody look at the car and especially look into the bed where air install is. lol
Sorry for so many similar photos but on each random photo you can see people watching car Very Happy

The first was Tsunami Picnic in the suburbs of Saint-Peterburg, ski-resort territory.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3210
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Elco_110
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Elco_210
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3211
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3212
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3311

This is me lol, trying to scratch smth on the door with keys
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3310
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3411
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3413
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3412
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3511
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3510
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3512

Got onto the first page of web magazin about this event
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Halfro10

And took TOP16
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3410
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3414
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3419

The next was Royal auto show in the city, indoor show with too many cool cars and I managed to park the car in the middle of the area!
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Imgonl10
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3417
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3418
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3514
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3516
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3515

Got the TOP 4 award!!!
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3416
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3420
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3415

This was just local meet but photographer caught the car in it's usual mode, with open hood and spare parts laying around lol

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3520

Oh, and I didn't show here my interior, I got only one good photo and yes it's not mine Very Happy
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3518
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_3519

The third show was an Original meet, american car show from all over the center of the country and even with Finnish guys!
I got bad area to park the car with no lights so nobody can see me but I succeed staying indoors as it was heavy raining.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 7 Img_4310

There were no winners or loosers just people gathering and communion.
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Congratulations on the awards -- you deserve them for all the hard work you've done! And it looks like the hood closes just fine. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:22 pm

Congrats !!!!! Car looks great !!
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 pm

WOW! Congrats sir. You have created one fine looking El Camino. It appears you're of a younger age. For someone of your age to accomplish what you have, puts us of the older people to shame. Keep up the great work!
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:36 am

Thank you very much, sirs! You must know that without help from people of this forum there would be no such project!
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 pm

You be making headlines in no time. Great looking car, and the hard work is paying off.
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 pm

Congrats! You know that i like your car.

Now you only have to enjoy it!
Nice job.
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:42 pm

tropdeprojet wrote:Now you only have to enjoy it!
I wish if it was so, lol

Thank you sirs!
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7