G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'74 El Camino "Project Badass"

+23
Joe73
thatfnthing
74Malibu383
bigredlaguna
Damon23
Limey SE
Hs1973
77camino
SSTOOLMAN
pila
77ElClassic
crice63
impalamonte
JB2wheeler
Mcarlo77
77mali
DaveFury
alowerlevel
riddick75
testpilot61
knightfan26917
Roadcaptain S3
chevellelaguna
27 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Empty Re: '74 El Camino "Project Badass"

Post by tropdeprojet Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:30 am

Very nice job!
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Empty Re: '74 El Camino "Project Badass"

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:52 am

Nice to see you are still hanging in there. I must say you are really cleaver when you hit a speed bump you always Seem to find your Way around it. It must be a :pita: always Being slowed Down by lack of parts availeble. Keep it up.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:17 am

Thank you!

I don't have any chance to leave it lol, need to finish it anyway.
Yes, lack of parts is depressing
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:02 pm

As for turning all 4 tailights red... I don't think you have to cut anything. A buddy of mine did it and he did not mention having cut anything. Yes the bulb will set lower in the housing on the original back up lens but it will work. The only problem he had was he put blue dots in all 4 lens and the two backup housings did not turn purple because of the bulb not being centered.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 am

77camino wrote:As for turning all 4 tailights red... I don't think you have to cut anything. A buddy of mine did it and he did not mention having cut anything. Yes the bulb will set lower in the housing on the original back up lens but it will work. The only problem he had was he put blue dots in all 4 lens and the two backup housings did not turn purple because of the bulb not being centered.

Sorry, didn't understand about blue dots, you mean leds instead of lamps or additional leds?
Yes, I checked this thing about lamp not centered before ordering. If using usual lamp it shines evenly, just like the outer.  

My housings have protrusions, and lenses have grooves in different places on outer and inner lenses. So you just can't replace inner and outer lenses without making new groove in necessary place. But I don't know how aftermarket repros will look like. Hope the same.
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:45 am

Blue dots were very popular in the 50s and 60s. You had to drill a hole in the center of your tailight and install a small blue glass lens. If your lenses were small enough and you got the hole centered directly in front of the bulb, they would appear to be purple while applying the brakes.'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Image18
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:29 am

Hs1973 wrote:Nice to see you are still hanging in there. I must say you are really cleaver when you hit a speed bump you always Seem to find your Way around it. It must be a :pita: always Being slowed Down by lack of parts availeble. Keep it up.

X2. You are doing an awesome job!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:42 am

77camino wrote:Blue dots were very popular in the 50s and 60s. You had to drill a hole in the center of your tailight and install a small blue glass lens. If your lenses were small enough and you got the hole centered directly in front of the bulb, they would appear to be purple while applying the brakes.'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Image18
Wow cyclops Never heard about these before and never saw, cool fact of old school tuning👍 Is it legal today in US?
It's like blue leds in front park lights nowadays that became illegal)

thatfnthing wrote:
Hs1973 wrote:Nice to see you are still hanging in there. I must say you are really cleaver when you hit a speed bump you always Seem to find your Way around it. It must be a :pita: always Being slowed Down by lack of parts availeble. Keep it up.

X2.  You are doing an awesome job!

Thank you very much!
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 am

Are the blue front parking lights legal in all states? I have been seeing a few here in Wisconsin. I was thinking those guys are going to get ticketed!
My son with his ungodly obnoxious Subaru's would get pulled over for blue looking HID's
headlights.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:11 pm

I really don't know if they are illegal or not. I don't worry to much about it because my car is not on the streets all that much. I had two sets of lenses for my first El Camino which I drove to high school. Original ones for daily use and the blue dot ones for Friday and Saturday night cruising.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:32 am

Just did a quick search about this, and it's a gray area in the law that varies from state to state. The best explanation I found is that they are not legal, but not illegal either. Basically, if they make the light output look purple instead of red, then you stand a chance of being harassed about them.

This is an old style that the current gen hasn't really kept, so I say run them if you got them.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 am

77camino wrote:I really don't know if they are illegal or not. I don't worry to much about it because my car is not on the streets all that much. I had two sets of lenses for my first El Camino which I drove to high school. Original ones for daily use and the blue dot ones for Friday and Saturday night cruising.
This is awesome king
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Here in Europe you can Get away with blue dots, but if a cop see it and goes by the book you get a ticket. But in general the old classic cars get left alone if they are not to radical modified. But if you put blue or any other color leds or similar, in your modern car you are going to get a ticket. And on top the police can have your licens plates impounded until you have been to checking station, where they check your car is street legal. That we have to do every 2 years here. So blue leds can come with a lot of trouble and a hefty Price. All modifaction of any of the lights are illegal here. So is alot of other mods, you cant up the horses to more than 20 procent of the cars original output. Bigger brakes are a no no unless its tüv aproved. So if you like to modify your car, you need to read the rule book closely before doing any mods. Denmark is a bad country for petroleum heads.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Five months went away like 5 min so let's update some information on project.

I ordered 17x9 cragars as I told before in Finland, Helsinki. Of coarse they will ship from US too. They costed me around 700 euro, about 760$ lol, twice more expensive than if I was an US citizen. I asked my friend who was going there to drive to the shop and give 100% pre-order payment. Seller warned me if I need round wheels I need to stay away from steelies but I ordered them anyway as had no other choice.
3 or 4 weeks later somewhere in the beginning of March I drove to Helsinki to 40th Anniversary American car show and besides that visited shop to pick up my new wheels. Picked them and made 400km home across the EU border and customs for free.

Black. Heavy. Shiny. Beautiful. Strong. and Square. Yes later at tireshop when mounting/balancing tires - 2 wheels had minor deviations from round shape, 2 other - jumped very well on balancing machine. Bad, sad, I don't know what quality wheels Cragar made years ago, but now what I got - are not the wheels for highway driving.
Dirt driving - yes. But money = quality anyway, so no regrets.
ps. I measured, face is about 5-6mm thick metal sheet, lip and barrel about 3mm thick. Now I have an ill dream to convert them to 3 piece Suspect
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_2118_zpsfop9ohwb
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_2115_zpsod9jxvsn
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_2120_zpsep1tvxeu

Then, after weeks of searching pieces of stainless steel, not to buy full factory sheet, I found a piece of 6mm ssteel and cutted some flanges and brackets for my new exhaust. It's one sentence here but it took really several months to get the product out drawings. First set that I got back from cutting was made from aluminium, but I gave them stainless steel material.

Wrong
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_0522_zpsgpjnvdxd

Stainless
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1567_zpskblljjuw

Then finished wrapping all chrome moldings into black gloss vinyl.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Th_IMG_0806_zpszqf9dlvc

Ordered new set of seat belts that I wanted from Retrobelts. Got them and installed. A lot of bolts/nuts/brackets in kit and pretty good quality of chinese production. Sad the don't produce GM logo buttons. It was hard not to spoil rear side pilar panels because after re-trim they became thicker and moved from their factory places a little, of coarse moving away opening for pilar belt mount. Belts look cool, but are not as comfortable as modern 3 point belts. THey were the last puzzle in interior so I mounted last rear molding above the window and - interior is ready, need to make good photos to show you.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1599_zpsvi1eeqz2

Powder coated black my fire extinguishers holder and refilled extinguishers themselves, came out great.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1770_zpsf6fzkfmf
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1769_zps0pw3z1yd

One more thing to do was to made new front shocks lower mounts on stock a-arms. Now I know, if anybody want to use Ridetech longest stroke Shockwaves with stock a-arms - don't do this anyway. They are not designed to work with each other together. I think Ridetech doesn't know this too. There is no suspension travel at all, car doesn't lay down because lower shock mount is too high and doesn't go up at all because upper arm's stop bump meet frame and doesn't alloy air bag to inflate fully.

So, I didn't have wheels that time to measure how they fill in the wheel arch and to measure how low I can go not to lay car on the headers. Headers, who was that genious who made third bolt looking down on flange, not up but down😕    
I bought some opel astra gtc steelies that have 5x115 and 72mm hub diameter. Widened bolt circle holes to fit 5x120.65 and made 73 hub from 72. Then widened wheels from 7 to 9" and cutted out center to made 0 backspace and copy soft 8. Mounted new 275/40 tires and we were ready to go measuring. That was fun.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_0985_zpsi6nkw4np
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_0877_zpszbantuqj
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_0987_zpskj8qdwpx

After several attempts I got the number - 3 cm lowering lower shock mounts will be great to stay safe with ground/headers clearance and steering sleeves/frame clearance. Still have enough space to bolt in lower a-arm stopbump if I want later, and a little space where upper a-arms are touching inner fenders.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1084_zpszm5v01qn
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1083_zpskznibqlv
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1087_zpshojrjdbx
As for the wheel - it felt cool inside the fender without hitting anything.

So what we do later, my metal man draw some ribs on paper, I redraw them in AutoCad and then cutted from high strength 4mm steel. After that ribs were corrected and welded to my second set of lower a-arms.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1322_zpsuwcztnov
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1286_zps2cem8vgz
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1287_zps11gcc1tx
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1321_zpsvik6a6de
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1320_zpschxreui9
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 IMG_1521_zpseittykrt

to be continued...
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Man Nice Progress Looking good

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:43 am

You are doing some beautiful work, and are clearly not afraid to tackle some hard mods to make things work the way you want. Clapp Thumbs up
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 pm

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Img_1310
Nice work on your project sir. I don't mean to sound like a dumba$$, but what is this for?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:59 pm

That sucks about the wheels. I take for granted that we have everything within our fingertips here and out of round wheels would be as easy as returning or getting a call tag sent to us. I bought the same wheels and had a inch added to the outside of two of them. They spun on the machine smooth as silk and needed minimum weight. the other two that were new out of the box had a little shake on the machine but once the tire was mounted they too were smooth. My son bought a set of steel wheels used and three shook the machine but as soon as they put his tires on they smoothed out. Hopefully you have the same result.

I too was wondering what that piece you made was for.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:17 pm

I believe that piece is for the lower mount for his air ride. The factory location on the a-arm is too short for the system to work properly.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Sorry for not ressponding for so long.
As I understand all or most part of my photos in this thread became invisible as photobucket canceled free loading or did something else to block them from other users. If this is so (I can see only several photos logged in/or out) feel free to ask any questions on the build, I will try to answer everybody.
As for old photos I will try to refill old info but when I have lots of free time. Sorry again.
The build is continued anyway.

Limey SE wrote:Man Nice Progress Looking good
Thank you sir!
thatfnthing wrote:You are doing some beautiful work, and are clearly not afraid to tackle some hard mods to make things work the way you want.   Clapp Thumbs up
I think these are not hard mods on the world's car scene but for me - it's definitely so Very Happy
fasrnur wrote:'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Img_1310
Nice work on your project sir. I don't mean to sound like a dumba$$, but what is this for?
bigredlaguna wrote:I believe that piece is for the lower mount for his air ride. The factory location on the a-arm is too short for the system to work properly.
Yes those are brackets for lower shock mount to relocate it about an inch lower to let shocks/bags have full factory travel. I thought I described it somewhere up in the thread, I will look.

Damon23 wrote:That sucks about the wheels. I take for granted that we have everything within our fingertips here and out of round wheels would be as easy as returning or getting a call tag sent to us. I bought the same wheels and had a inch added to the outside of two of them. They spun on the machine smooth as silk and needed minimum weight. the other two that were new out of the box had a little shake on the machine but once the tire was mounted they too were smooth. My son bought a set of steel wheels used and three shook the machine but as soon as they put his tires on they smoothed out. Hopefully you have the same result.
I too was wondering what that piece you made was for.
Drive is ok up to 80-90km/h but then shake like crazy. I can see with eye on the balancing machine that wheels are not round Very Happy

I will upload photos with another service, it's russian photobank, I think everybady allover the world can see it's photos, if not, tell me please, thank you!

I ordered a bunch of staff in the end of november 16, made a deal on black friday first time, and of coarse new bushings and ball joints were in this parcel too.
So it was February and still there was no parcel at my door. March, April...got the news that my parcel got stuck at russian customs with no hope of leave. F*ck them all on russian customs and all politician too.
It was april, 4 months of waiting. Thanks my shipping company after several times of requests they agreed to re-order full parcel again.
So it was smth around May 17 when I got my parcel that I ordered in November 16. It was a holiday.

The week after new bushings took their place in new a-arms and went into the car. So, front lower A-arms were modified, powder coated and sucessfully installed, but spring pockets were widened to have a little more room as on full deflated position shocks gave more angle. Now I have 13.5cm stroke on the front suspension and can go down leaving 1.5-2cm between the header flange and the ground, and can go up I think higher than stock.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 119d3746d249t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 98c94db22d09t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 8d340f528149t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 A619a7d165f5t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Aa39578f504dt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 F89f8a5282e4t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 369bcc4cf71ft

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 8fe688a423a2t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Fa90e5451b84t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 27236b4c2946t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 9bf2d45e3ad3t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 6bd305c7878at

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 F6749937c159t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 0913068a835at

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 15836e42be27t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 4435b8b2d498t

Exhaust was custom made in the end of spring. After 1.5 days it was ready. So now I have Hooker stainless headers with 3" outlet, then goes 3" stainless pipes with H-pipe, then dual cutouts (bought Badlandz standart ones) with turndowns, then Flowmaster mufflers that I got with car (just cleaned them) and turndowns before the axle.
Yes it became quieter than straight headers but not so much as I expected.
We tried to find any info how to make ideal h-pipe but found very little so we made cross pipe in comfortable place for us. May be it's too long but I think it sounds like it must sound.

As for cutouts, one motor worked only from 14V and spinned much slower then second. I sent it back to states and ggt new one succesfully. I'm a little proud to have full stainless exhaust that I always wanted to build but now I think as it was mistake to build it 3" as it's loud to much even with closed cuouts and interior noise insulation Very Happy but maybe it's all because of turndowns looking to the ground before the axle.
Another annoying thing is that it hanges too low but I can do nothing with that, maybe going oval pipes will help this.

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 4092b574b8cbt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 7077bf4c5da0t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 18e82091cff8t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 2496d6ea54d9t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 388ab30009aat

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 8da73a580677t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Cb9616109fc1t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 3e95f3a09712t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 D6e325bd6b05t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 8d9426804f51t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C5f42426f98ft

Of coarse after a 2-3 weeks of using I bend one cutout turndown going reward out of the service. And hell yes, this summer I made 900 miles if odometer is healthy and most of this miles are made around services Very Happy

Sound, with H-pipe it got such a resonation (don't know how it's called right) on high rpm that make shivers appear on all body, it's so cool revving, it got some expensive music notes! As for straight pipe sound plus h-pipe resonation - it sounds hell crazy loud and powerfull, I can't describe this.
And it's heavy. Got to change rear rubber hangers from LADA Laughing  to Tahoe's to keep it. On photos system hanges a little askew because after all fight with right header it's still not on the same height as left.

Bought nice Moroso racing nuts for wheels =)
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 6a98bee0b9d5t

Always wanted to put on some splitter under front bumper, but Randy's spoiler was expensive with shipment and again would take time to wait. So decided to make it myself. Two evenings with drawing some sketches, cutting, drawing, cutting and spoiler was ready from paper. Tried to make it functional to bring air to radiator.
Well, designing something your own is pretty cool but takes too much time and patience Very Happy
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 6f8fcd486a15t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 E3786fdddb00t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 F45c15927c9dt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C921b8eaea38t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 F66a8727c6f2t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 2515132f195ct

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C1678a1f02b4t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C85df5fa80c8t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 05295016a131t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 92c059c25f4at

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 A4f91a256cebt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 D41d12647f17t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 3a3ba024429bt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Aa70f6bd7fe2t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 12e93843770bt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Eb7d6155e3det

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 23f1daba32b8t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 5231ef10701at

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 272d52b8ec46t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 356c62d0f105t

Draw it in Autocad, sent to advertisement company and they cut it for me from advertisement plastic panel with aluminium sheets on both sides.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 485bdf7d7b28t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Fa1667176c3ct

Made some brackets to stock lower bumper bolts, powdercoated them, wrapped spoiler in gloss black film to match other black parts and mounted. Not Randy's but myself spoiler.

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Ce55a74d73e7t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 40f0dc5a31a1t

Rear white side was painted black later
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Cc8cfaea4a05t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 90add10f9bcbt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 05ed008c88act

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 774c16469499t
I think came out pretty cool! Photos don't show it.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Cd5de27fe72ft

The other day I tried to make some tyre stencils, again my own. Created them, draw, pre-cut and painted. Twice or three times, used some primer, then tried plastidip, no result, didn't find paint that will last long on rubber. But it looks great.

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 7ac55644481bt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 6ee8eb41cee6t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 3052becf6fe7t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 481056360d40t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 E50e29a9d79ct

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 315e5cc03ac5t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 85be6236029et

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 1cbc24ec3a43t

Here is a photo of how I replaced rear bed door handle. It's a 70-72 elco latch and handle inside 73-77 door. One side latch drive is lengthened and central latch is mounted to the cover.
Thanks Steve Mcarlo77 very much for parts! I know I need to clean or change most of the bolts in car for new shiny ones.

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 84ff5ad86bedt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C838fd792106t

First time washed the car and polished in 6 hands. Likely most of the scratches that I made during assembling went away. But water was inside interior trought side glass and under my plastic cover in the bed.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 81494f92480at

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 D39be50ebd3bt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C8f37bc4a509t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 372b43efd25ct

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 925bacbb396bt

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 C24245c2d2e3t
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:50 pm

One evening I decided to make a waterproof cover for the full car. Some measurments and after several weeks in upholstery shop it was ready. Later this waterproof material showed his back side. It was so rude that made again all this little scrratches, it was fail. Need to remade cover from another material or to add something underneath the existing one.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 F03730a3c791t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 B0576304242ct

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 0bbd1d76dc10t

In that last half year delivery parcel I also got new rear lights housings and lenses. Quality is pretty good but silver/red paint on lenses is too thin. I cutted several slots in inner lenses to fit housings and we are ready to go!
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 10b4e335bcaft

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 2f181d226463t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 D366ed21ae71t

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 D9ce94e9fc5et

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 863d5493af4ct

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 B842e72b6330t

Made wheels alignment for second time at my new ride height.
Removing old housings and installing new ones without taking of rear bumper is a real bloody hell.
Russian licence plates are one of the ugliest plates in the world but I need to put them on anyway when driving. Made them on powerful magnets.
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 A2e7cc99f60ft

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 19afbe2a721bt

Then changed oil in the rear axle. Teeth are looking good Very Happy
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 01eccf7bdffbt
Gave some wrap touch to knew spindle caps Very Happy
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 527eb1f068c5t

And, ta daaaaam, in the beginning of summer 17 elco made it first trip around the city!!! cheers
'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 E6389b56bbeb

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 Da1c7ff21d58

'74 El Camino "Project Badass" - Page 6 1096a7124f88

If I remember clearly, +/- 6 years went from stock to this look No
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Really nice job, i like it!
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am

Excellent job! Do you get a lot of attention with it? People want to know what it is?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am

thatfnthing wrote:Excellent job!  Do you get a lot of attention with it?  People want to know what it is?
Thank you!
We have here in Saint-Petersburg about 6-7 elco of this generation, but only 2-3 of them make activity on the roads. So most of the time people don't know what it is, especially because I have no badges at all. Even Make of my car is unknown for some people Very Happy
Yes it turns heads a lot Thumbs up  Cool thing is that when you are waiting a tow sitting under the hood hiding from the frying sun in the center of the crossroad - everybody gave you thumb up anyway but they don't understand that car is dead at the moment Very Happy and you answering them in mind - yes I have a cool car bro, but you are driving home safely in car and I will go home by foot calculating of how much it will cost me to make the car alive Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

tropdeprojet wrote:Really nice job, i like it!
Thank you!
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 am

That looks awesome man!! All the hard work really came through in the end.
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next