G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the selling price of our cars these days?

+11
Hawk03
Showtime73
thatfnthing
pila
Mitchell Murphy
ant7377
Roadcaptain S3
fasrnur
Shaunaconda
Podor
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the selling price of our cars these days?

Post by Hs1973 Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm

It looks to be a Real cool car you have with alot of the hard expensive stuff done. But looking at the pictures of it, it looks kind of boring to be honest. The wheels make it look like any other malibu. Im not trying to put your car Down since i know its a Nice car i personally would love to own. But from a potential buyers point of wiev, it does not look especially exiting. So change the wheels and have proffesionally pictures taken of it that shows the Nice paint and the features im sure the Price would go up and make it easier to sell. But be patient cause our cars are not the most popular, so it takes longer to sell.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the selling price of our cars these days?

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks for the advice. The car is just as you stated; pretty boring to look at. It could definitely stand to use a nice set of tires/rims. I have thought about these in the past but they are costly and I hate to buy a set and find out that they don't fit or just are not the look I thought they would be. Its also difficult deciding between 15" or 17". There are some many brands out there to choose from and all the ones I have seen I like are stupidly expensive. I was thinking maybe a set of torque thrusts ? Question

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 am

Cragar soft 8s always look good and they are fairly inexpensive.
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am

I really like these but if I remember, they are quite $$$.What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 Img_0112

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 am

I followed your progress and think you did a really good job rebuilding it. If it had a 4 speed, I would have to try and convince my wife I needed another car.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 am

You may just be in luck. As I said I can never just stop working on my projects. I would not hesitate one bit to put a 4 speed in this car. I have thought of it many times before but I don't know what I'd do with the console and I am not sure the rear of the crank on this engine would accept the 4 speed.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Use the old dealer trick like we did in the old days and find a set of Nice wheels for it. A set of torque trust in 15 fit and looks Real good on our model if you ask me. It always lifts the look with Nice wheels, and torque trusts are a rim most like. In the old days when i used to sell used cars we always made jokes on how you could sell the worst piece of s... As long as it has Nice wheels on it. I Think this is still true today, wheels can make or break a Nice car.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm

So wheels it is. Now to figure out my correct offset and back spacing so they fit like my rallies.
HAWK03 got me thinking about the 4 speed option again. It seems the pilot bushing is a non issue on my engine but the console piece would still be a huge cost. Then I wonder if the cross member has to move which might affect my exhaust and I would probably be in for a new drive shaft. I am going to have to do a bunch of research before I decide to start buying parts for the conversion... Very Happy

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 pm

So you start out thinking you're going to sell it, and you wind up energized with a whole new set of plans for upgrades.  Sounds about right around here. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:26 pm

That’s about right.
I was never hell bent on selling it, just wondering if I decided to, what it might sell for?

Now to find 4 speed parts... Any advice from you guys??

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:24 pm

My wheels are 18x9 with 5.25 backspace. Boze did some figuring for so I'm sure the fit will be perfect. I also read every wheel thread in here to figure out what I wanted.
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm

I’ll definitely have to see what that size looks like. I have a 2” drop so I have to watch for rubbing.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:42 pm

bitterfitter wrote:So wheels it is.  Now to figure out my correct offset and back spacing so they fit like my rallies.
HAWK03 got me thinking about the 4 speed option again.  It seems the pilot bushing is a non issue on my engine but the console piece would still be a huge cost.  Then I wonder if the cross member has to move which might affect my exhaust and I would probably be in for a new drive shaft.  I am going to have to do a bunch of research before I decide to start buying parts for the conversion... Very Happy

Thumbs up

I like that idea!!
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 pm

ME TOO! Beer

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Then all is good, the car is with someone that cares about it. Im happy you decided to keep it, sometimes all it takes is a little time before you get the energy to do more work to it and move forward.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:04 am

Bringing up this old thread because I have the same question. Have run into some personal things and have to sell a couple of my projects in order to keep some property in the family. My 1975 Laguna is a solid original without modifications, but is in need of a restoration. The car is originally a California car, quarters and fenders are rust free, floors are solid, but have surface rust on the inside because water got in (I pulled the carpet to allow it to dry out). Passenger door was replaced at one point and the replacement door looks like it came from this part of the country, drivers door is decent - I do have rust free doors from California that would go with the car. Headliner is in great condition except for a couple of cigarette burns, rear seat in in great shape, front seats need to be recovered and dash is cracked like a typical old California car! Trunk lid is not original, was painted and RPO sticker removed.

Engine appears to be original, no VIN sequence is stamped on the pad to confirm but the code is for a 350 4bbl auto trans in an "A" body. The car does have the California 350 4bbl with the associated California pollution equipment still attached. Trans is a TH350. Car starts easily and runs smooth - even after sitting in cold storage all winter. Odometer reads around 45,000 but assume it has been rolled over.

What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 IMG_0175
What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 IMG_0171
There is some bubbling around the windows, otherwise solid

What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 IMG_0168

Swivel buckets with console, gauge package with "Economy Gauge", A/C car without Power Windows or Locks. Plan on getting better photos this weekend and running an ad ASAP. Just not sure where to be at on the price, which would include the two good doors and a replacement cowl (also from California). Unfortunately the car sat outside for 10 years before I purchased it, my plans were to restore the body and interior, but upgrade the driveline, really do not want to sell but I can replace the car, not the family property!

Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:14 am

Note on post above, I was able to work a couple of things out and keep the Laguna! It took 10 months to get through all of the obstacles, but was able to transfer a family farm to myself and my wife, now it is protected for another generation!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:54 am

Love to hear news like that. That's a great way to start off the new year!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:58 am

X2 on that!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks guys - I was quite happy myself!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:07 pm

What is the selling price of our cars these days? - Page 2 Malibu11

Take it to shows with a for sale sign on it. I did mine at the last show of last year and had an offer of 15K. Probably should have taken it but since it was first one I rejected it. For now gonna hold out for asking price of 17K. Dont need to sell just want to go after my dream car. 55 to 57 Sedan Delivery.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2