G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on selling my engine/trany

3 posters

Go down

Advice on selling my engine/trany Empty Advice on selling my engine/trany

Post by Wallyuph Mon May 19, 2014 10:48 am

I’m looking for some advice on selling my engine/trany. I have a friend that wants just the engine and not the transmission. Below is a list of what the engine has for the basic block set up. I added the intake carb Edelbrock 750 electric choke, gear reduction starter and distributor HEI. The tranny was a From Jegs and is a TH 350 I paid 727.99 for it and it has a pro torque Converter I paid 788.99 to have made for the setup.

The whole set up has less than 8000 miles on it.
My question’s are would you separate them?
What would be a fair price for each?
If sold as a whole unit what is a fair price for that?

Advice on selling my engine/trany <a href=Advice on selling my engine/trany 350_en10" />

Advice on selling my engine/trany <a href=Advice on selling my engine/trany Old_en10" />

Advice on selling my engine/trany <a href=Advice on selling my engine/trany Pullin10" />
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Advice on selling my engine/trany Empty Re: Advice on selling my engine/trany

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 am

I've had luck on both Craig's List and eBay. A couple years ago, I sold a 330HP 350 GM crate motor for $1200, but I didn't sell the AC Compressor, Alt, P/S, fuel pump or dist with it. Going to take the right buyer to purchase both I would imagine, but I don't see why you can't close to 5K for the set up.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Mon May 19, 2014 11:34 am

If it were still in a car, I'd be more hesitant to split them up since you could prove that both of them work. Being out of the car, I think it would be easier to sell a $1,xxx trans and a $3,500 engine than it would be to sell a $5000 combo.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down