G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is my goal for my car to look like this one

+10
The Dude
Laguna Budman
chevy76monteman
badbiscayne66
cromags76 BANNED
74Malibu383
JB2wheeler
74MonteCarlo
IndyG3
BlackChevelleSS
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 Empty Re: this is my goal for my car to look like this one

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm

aight

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 Empty Re: this is my goal for my car to look like this one

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:03 am

bigredlaguna wrote:Cromags, if you like the look of the rally, and that is what you have now,then use it. It is definitely the least expensive option you may have right now.

However, any factory rally rim is steel, which means it is the heaviest option. If you have the means to get a set of aluminum rims(doesn't matter if they are factory or aftermarket) then go with the aluminum rims.

You will enjoy quicker acceleration and throttle response with aluminum rims. Go ahead and use the steel rims for now and get aluminum ones later-I guarantee you'll feel the difference.

X2- Your car bro, do want ya want.

Ignore Rago, he's looney. Any whackjob that would put Vette wheels on a G3 can't be normal. Laughing
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:16 am

I know right.... bounce Crazy guys & their Vette wheels.

No I don't want to come off as ridiculing Cromags because I'm not. I can appreciate someone trying to restore a car to original & I can also respect sticking with the cheapest wheel route (I did). Just giving my $.02 on those wheels after seeing everyone use them..... even on older 50's & 60's cars where they never belonged.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 am

its not that im sticking with the cheapest wheel route, its that i like the look of the wheels and they fit my car perfect, and i dont think any other wheel should go on these cars, just the thought of me putting corvette wheels on my malibu makes me want to Barf

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

cromags76 wrote:its not that im sticking with the cheapest wheel route, its that i like the look of the wheels and they fit my car perfect, and i dont think any other wheel should go on these cars, just the thought of me putting corvette wheels on my malibu makes me want to Barf

Oh my... Can't stay silent any longer. There are 1000's of awesome aftermarket wheels out there and you don't think any of them would look good? Pinch yourself man, you're having a horrible nightmare. Head Bang
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 pm

this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 Brown_10
this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 Brown_10

PUKE PUKE PUKE! LMAO, just razzing you man. Seriously.....

Kyle is sure to chime in here in another post or two to back you up. He doesn't like anything to be changed from the factory.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:19 pm

wheres the white letter tires Rago ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:22 pm

I like those wheels on there. Sure there are other good looking wheels to be had and there are 100s of uglier wheels out there. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Youngsters..... They'll come around. afro
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Limey wrote:wheres the white letter tires Rago ??

I got rid of the white letters for now. I had RWL 245/60's on all 4 corners, but they didn't look right & I got these 235/70's dirt cheap with like new tread. When they wear out, RWL's will be going back on. Might be putting on some 275/60's in the rear that my brother had on his truck.

I do have to agree that there are a lot of uglier wheels out there than running stock stuff & just because it isn't my taste, I'd rather see 10 cars with Rally wheels than one with 24's. Take Indy's car for example. He has those wheels, but the car is a very tasteful combination with the color, vinyl top, & slightly lowered stance. Really nice car.

383, don't worry. Some people just haven't got addicted to horsepower yet. Maybe that's a good thing because if I wasn't addicted at such a young age, I wouldn't have sent a 70 Chevelle to it's grave.... Embarassed
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm

alright alright i know you guys are obsessed with your aluminum corvette wheels because they perform better and are lighter than factory wheels in this generation, but if you painted them gold they would look like they belong on a 79 trans am, and ive seen 20 inch spinners that look better on malibus than those do, but honestly id rather be rolling on a bigger wheel on a mid size car than pinto wheels lmfao!!!!!

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

cromags76 wrote:alright alright i know you guys are obsessed with your aluminum corvette wheels because they perform better and are lighter than factory wheels in this generation, Not really obsessed just being smartasses, but aluminum wheels in general are better. I'd take a set of Convo-Pros, Ansen Slots, or Draglites any day if they would have came to me as cheap as these.
but if you painted them gold they would look like they belong on a 79 trans am, scratch What Trans Am wheels are you talking about? Snowflakes don't resemble Vette wheels.
and ive seen 20 inch spinners that look better on malibus than those do, I like your thinking. Maybe not your taste in wheels, but your honesty. I'm glad we all think differently, so that way not everyone's car looks the same. I'm giving you some Street Cred, not because I like your post about spinners, but because you ain't afraid to step up. Thumbs up
but honestly id rather be rolling on a bigger wheel on a mid size car than pinto wheels lmfao!!!!! I don't get it?

How about Buick GN wheels?
this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 33654470003_medium
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Rago wrote:
cromags76 wrote:alright alright i know you guys are obsessed with your aluminum corvette wheels because they perform better and are lighter than factory wheels in this generation, Not really obsessed just being smartasses, but aluminum wheels in general are better. I'd take a set of Convo-Pros, Ansen Slots, or Draglites any day if they would have came to me as cheap as these.
but if you painted them gold they would look like they belong on a 79 trans am, scratch What Trans Am wheels are you talking about? Snowflakes don't resemble Vette wheels.
and ive seen 20 inch spinners that look better on malibus than those do, I like your thinking. Maybe not your taste in wheels, but your honesty. I'm glad we all think differently, so that way not everyone's car looks the same. I'm giving you some Street Cred, not because I like your post about spinners, but because you ain't afraid to step up. Thumbs up
but honestly id rather be rolling on a bigger wheel on a mid size car than pinto wheels lmfao!!!!! I don't get it?

How about Buick GN wheels?
this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 33654470003_medium

now were talking that looks 100 times better, are those steel also?

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:Youngsters..... They'll come around. afro

what are those wheels on your car? they look really nice and how far did you drop the 74

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 pm

yes them are Buick Gran National wheels and are chromed steel

Rushforth Fuels - 19x8"s up front. 20x10"s in the rear Lowered 3" all the way around.

cromags76 wrote:

what are those wheels on your car? they look really nice and how far did you drop the 74

Last edited by Limey on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:06 pm

cromags76 wrote:

Rushforth Fuels - 19x8"s up front. 20x10"s in the rear Lowered 3" all the way around.

Rago - Surprised I got to this before you... Couldn't find my original post though. Smile
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

https://www.g3gm.com/nominee-s-for-ride-of-the-week-f25/1974-malibu-t573.htm#3783

1974 Malibu

Post by 74Malibu383 on Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 3:50
+
----
-
My parents brought me home from the hospital in this car. 27 years later I decided to give it some attention...
Lowered the car 3 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear. Custom backspaced Rushforth Fuel wheels, 19x8’s up front and 20x10’s in the rear. Wrapped in Nitto 245/35/R19’s up front and 305/35/R20’s tires in the rear. Four wheel Baer disk brakes with drilled/slotted rotors

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:16 pm

haha nice nice, it looks perfect What a Face

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Rago wrote:Kyle is sure to chime in here in another post or two to back you up. He doesn't like anything to be changed from the factory.

I don't like MY car changed from factory. You all can do as you please, I don't care. Also, I don't think anything other than factory looks bad. I do very much like the look of the Corvette wheels you and Chris are sporting. They have a sharp look, and fit well. I love some old school Cragar S/S or some slots...love Weld ProStars too. Would I put them on MY car? Probably not. Just my personal choice for my personal car. I don't bash those who choose to go the aftermarket/modified route. That's what this hobby is about...doing what YOU want to do to YOUR car. It's your car, nobody elses. ALWAYS do what you wish! Don't worry about pleasing the crowd. Cool

There's my $0.02.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:
cromags76 wrote:

Rago - Surprised I got to this before you... Couldn't find my original post though. Smile

Stepped away for a minute to actually do some work, lol.

Cromags...... Brian owns my dream car. This was almost exactly my plans from back in 1999 when I owned my first 76. Now I'm scrambling to come up with new ideas for both of my G3's.

Thanks for your input Kyle! I knew you'd speak up sooner or later. Here's a new member that actually plans to do a build like you would do. Somebody has to preserve these cars & it probably won't be me, lol. BTW, I don't think your Flowmasters were factory issued. Razz
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Good for you, Kyle. I see so many cars that I simply shake my head when I see them, but generally speaking I do not knock somebody elses ride to them. I will knock a car that nobody knows who owns it tho. I got to where I kind of like the 20 inch bandaids I have on my Furd, but am going to get rid of them. They sure handle nice! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Do I get points for still having the original 350 2 barrel beast that came with the car? Thing had 350,000 miles on it when I took it out, and was still capable of one-legged brake stands! It's in my dad's back yard right now. Maybe I'll put it back in one day. Smile Maybe not....
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm

i hve the origional motor in my el camino too, my carb was upgraded to a 4 bbl edelbrock tho, one day ill switch to holley

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 pm

this is my goal for my car to look like this one - Page 2 Guna012
I got a rally wheel on mine afro
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 pm

How can anyone NOT dislike that center cap?! Flush

B man, you get points for having an original motor with 350,000 miles & being smart enough to put it to rest instead of trying to mod it.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum