G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is my goal for my car to look like this one

+10
The Dude
Laguna Budman
chevy76monteman
badbiscayne66
cromags76 BANNED
74Malibu383
JB2wheeler
74MonteCarlo
IndyG3
BlackChevelleSS
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

this is my goal for my car to look like this one Empty this is my goal for my car to look like this one

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 pm

just silver poly with a black landau top painted on
what do you guys think?
it will be white for a while but i am just looking for opinions study study study Barf

this is my goal for my car to look like this one 27885610

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

this is my goal for my car to look like this one Empty Re: this is my goal for my car to look like this one

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 am

I see both of them lol

Thats an awesome looking car, you got good goals.

My 2 cents would be to ditch the landau top altogether. I never cared for that look, I dont like full vinyl tops or convertables either tho.

this is my goal for my car to look like this one SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

this is my goal for my car to look like this one Empty Re: this is my goal for my car to look like this one

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 am

yeah but different opinions, and besides its just going to be all white for probably around 10 or something years haha one day when i get the money ill paint it

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:29 am

The black one looks much classier. I like it a lot. Really stands out.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:59 am

Love it. Triple black landau with buckets.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 am

nice like it is, except the white walls. Can't stand whitewalls.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 am

Your car wouldn't look bad with a landau top but just ignore my comments on quad headlights & landau tops, I like to razz on them Razz . I know that our cars came with a few different options for vinyl tops, & it seems less people are using them now because of the rust situation they cause, but I like full vinyl tops.

Honestly, the only thing I can say I can't stand about that car or even one painted in silver poly would be the Rally wheels. everyone here knows how much I dislike them, but they have to be Chevrolet's most generic, overrated wheel ever. I'd rather see you go with wire hubcaps, dog dish wheels, or Nova/Chevelle Rallies if you are going for an original look.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 am

Rago wrote:Your car wouldn't look bad with a landau top but just ignore my comments on quad headlights & landau tops, I like to razz on them Razz . I know that our cars came with a few different options for vinyl tops, & it seems less people are using them now because of the rust situation they cause, but I like full vinyl tops.

Honestly, the only thing I can say I can't stand about that car or even one painted in silver poly would be the Rally wheels. everyone here knows how much I dislike them, but they have to be Chevrolet's most generic, overrated wheel ever. I'd rather see you go with wire hubcaps, dog dish wheels, or Nova/Chevelle Rallies if you are going for an original look.

yeah but id rather have the rally wheels because thats what my car came equipped with plus i already have the wheels just need to paint them and get one more trim ring, my bad but i think it makes the car look that much better with the silver rally wheels Twisted Evil

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:nice like it is, except the white walls. Can't stand whitewalls.

hahaha i agree 100% with thtat i hate that look it doesnt even look that good unless its with that green sue k car that i posted on a previous thread

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:36 pm

To each his own. Can't judge you for wanting to go original. Too bad you aren't closer. I've got a spare chrome Rally that I'll never use. Might end up tossing it.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Rago wrote:Your car wouldn't look bad with a landau top but just ignore my comments on quad headlights & landau tops, I like to razz on them Razz . I know that our cars came with a few different options for vinyl tops, & it seems less people are using them now because of the rust situation they cause, but I like full vinyl tops.

Rallyist.

You should get some diversity training so you would be more open minded about personal wheel choices.

All wheels are round, just because some can't decide whether they are chrome or slots doesn't mean they aren't good wheels.

Try to be a little more accepting of other wheel cultures and choices.

Jeez, C'mon man, it's the 21st century. We need to accept wheels for what they are, not what we want them to be. After all, Rallys were manufactured that way, they didn't CHOOSE to be boring!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 pm

They aren't ugly or anything. Just the fact that every car manufactured from the late 60's to the mid 70's has them. Where's the diversity in that?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 pm

EVERY car? EVERY single car? Cadillac...NO...Buick...NO...Pontiac...NO...AMC...NO

Wink

Just razzing.

I hate when people generalize something with "every" or "everyone".

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 pm

As a staunch proponent of Rally wheels, I'd say use the Rallyes Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:EVERY car? EVERY single car? Cadillac...NO...Buick...NO...Pontiac...NO...AMC...NO

Wink

Just razzing.

I hate when people generalize something with "every" or "everyone".

Sorry, I meant most. If you want to talk every car, how about the Furd Magnum 500/Buick/Olds/Chevy SS wheel? Razz Rolling Eyes

Love them or hate them, they are very common.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Rago wrote:To each his own. Can't judge you for wanting to go original. Too bad you aren't closer. I've got a spare chrome Rally that I'll never use. Might end up tossing it.

you wouldnt be able to sent in the mail? or does it cost money to ship

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

of course im using the rallys personnaly i hate corvettes in general only maybe the late 50s ones are cool, but i wouldnt ever want to own anything corvette

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I like the look of the rally rim, but I would rather use aluminum rims because of the weight factor. You can tell the difference even in a highway geared stocker. The car is more responsive in all aspects.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

oh gotcha

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:18 pm

cromags76 wrote:of course im using the rallys personnaly i hate corvettes in general only maybe the late 50s ones are cool, but i wouldnt ever want to own anything corvette

????? That's what those wheels are considered is "Corvette Rallys". Yes it costs money to send stuff in the mail or I'd be glad to send it. Probably cost more than the wheel is worth IMO, but I'm not sure. Limey how much does a single steel wheel usually cost to ship?

I run the aluminum Vette wheels for two reasons 1) lighter 2) scored mine for $100. I would rather have Ansen slots, Convo-Pros, or possibly some 18" aluminum wheels, but where would I have found them as cheap? For steel wheels I like the Chevelle/Nova Rally that most people hate & I like dog dish wheels, but steel wheels are too heavy for my type of spirited driving. My wife's 73 will probably get steel stockers though.

BTW - It's true that you can feel a difference, even with my old bone stock 305 I could tell.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Rago it will run without the tire roughly 17 to 23 bucks to ship a steel wheel depending on where its going

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:44 pm

cromags76 wrote:of course im using the rallys personnaly i hate corvettes in general only maybe the late 50s ones are cool, but i wouldnt ever want to own anything corvette

affraid affraid affraid

Blasphemous!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Rago wrote:

????? That's what those wheels are considered is "Corvette Rallys". Yes it costs money to send stuff in the mail or I'd be glad to send it. Probably cost more than the wheel is worth IMO, but I'm not sure. Limey how much does a single steel wheel usually cost to ship?

I run the aluminum Vette wheels for two reasons 1) lighter 2) scored mine for $100. I would rather have Ansen slots, Convo-Pros, or possibly some 18" aluminum wheels, but where would I have found them as cheap? For steel wheels I like the Chevelle/Nova Rally that most people hate & I like dog dish wheels, but steel wheels are too heavy for my type of spirited driving. My wife's 73 will probably get steel stockers though.

BTW - It's true that you can feel a difference, even with my old bone stock 305 I could tell.

so then are you saying my wheels are aluminum

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 pm

No. You have the traditional "Corvette Rally". They are generically labeled this even though they came on Corvettes, Chevelles, Novas, & I'm sure other cars. Maybe Impalas & Caprices? Seen it before, but not sure if it's factory. Those are steel wheels that ranged from 14x6-15x8 depending on which vehicle they were quipped on & also had various center caps, but most use the "disc brake" style cap typically seen on Corvettes.

454Monte, Roadcaptain, & myself are running the 76-81 aluminum Corvette Rally wheels.

There is another Chevrolet Rally wheel that is steel & is called the "Nova Rally". It differs by using different center caps & size holes usually with trim ring inserts. These came on Novas & Chevelles in 14x6 sizes, but the 73 Chevelle SS & possibly Nova SS had these with 14x7 & a special center cap. They are available up to 15x10 through aftermarket sources.

Also the truck rally, but who cares, we can't use them.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Cromags, if you like the look of the rally, and that is what you have now,then use it. It is definitely the least expensive option you may have right now.

However, any factory rally rim is steel, which means it is the heaviest option. If you have the means to get a set of aluminum rims(doesn't matter if they are factory or aftermarket) then go with the aluminum rims.

You will enjoy quicker acceleration and throttle response with aluminum rims. Go ahead and use the steel rims for now and get aluminum ones later-I guarantee you'll feel the difference.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum