G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us what your running in your ride

+10
BlackChevelleSS
cromags76 BANNED
74442guy
Roadcaptain S3
IndyG3
The Dude
alowerlevel
mal76ibu
hotrodredneck
McCauley5983
14 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Audio

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Show us what your running in your ride - Page 2 Empty Re: Show us what your running in your ride

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 am

because HE has the first ever 4 door monte carlo

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Show us what your running in your ride - Page 2 Empty Re: Show us what your running in your ride

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 am

That dash trim pops right off, and is easily changed. The trim between Monte Carlo and Lumina(95-99) was exactly the same - except for the emblem.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:03 pm

I had a white lumina b4 this lumina,and i had a monte carlo trunk lid on it. well one day i got pulled over (in Mc D's drive thru) and the cop wrote out the ticket for a 95 4 door monte carlo, and that i showed proof of insurance. when i went to court i told the judge that the car was a lumina and if the cop ran the plate he would of known.than i said if he did his job right he never asked me for my insurance card. the judge let me go....... Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:05 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:why does it say monte carlo an you say lumina?

i want a monte,but i need the 4 doors for the kids. so i compromized. Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Dredging this thread up from the dead.

I'm running a 1983 shafted Delco AM/FM cassette, with two Blaupunkt 4x6s that were on sale at Frys for 15 bucks, and a pair of $5 Dual 6x9s in the rear. Leaves a lot on the table as far as sound quality goes, but seeing as how I took out the factory AM radio and mono speaker, I'd rather keep the stock look. besides the tape deck sounds pretty good with a tape adapter and ipod/xm radio. All the speakers are in the stock locations, amazingly i still had the stereo bracket for the dash from my first G3.

I think I spent a grand total of $30 bucks on the complete stereo system for the car, 10 bucks for the radio at the junkyard, and just stumbled across a screaming deal on the speakers I needed at Frys.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2