G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us what your running in your ride

+10
BlackChevelleSS
cromags76 BANNED
74442guy
Roadcaptain S3
IndyG3
The Dude
alowerlevel
mal76ibu
hotrodredneck
McCauley5983
14 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Audio

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Show us what your running in your ride Empty Show us what your running in your ride

Post by Limey SE Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:21 pm

show what your running and if you have sound clips post them here

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Show us what your running in your ride Empty Re: Show us what your running in your ride

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Kenwood KRC-3006 old skool knobber with cassette, and 10 Disk CD changer. Cant listen to it while driving cause car is too loud so I listen to it when Im working on the car,
Picture is old, I have the cassette door in it now.
Show us what your running in your ride 513229_308_full

Show us what your running in your ride SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Show us what your running in your ride Empty Re: Show us what your running in your ride

Post by McCauley5983 Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:29 pm

try to find some pioneer 6x9's but make sure there 5 way 460 watt none of that walmart crap. i just got two in my car and it drowns the motor out. just to prove a point i gotta a 350 with dual pipes and just cherry bomb glasspacks, believe me its loud and these speakers still drowned it out when your inside the car
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 pm

I have a 3 way 6x9s in it with a 100watt amp. I think the brand is Lanzar or Lansar or something like that. I think I need speakers up front and then I could probably hear it. But with my AC vents and my mono speaker dash pad I couldnt get one up there. I need a stereo speaker dash pad.

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodredneck Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:04 pm

pioneer head unit mtx 12" sub with infinity seperates in hand made kick panels up front. a 600watt mtx amp for the sub and a matching 300watt mtx amp for the mids and tweets. thumps pretty hard but i like the tunes from the 540 and 3 1/2" flowmasters better!!
hotrodredneck
hotrodredneck
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Pioneer DEH P4300
Show us what your running in your ride Monte_10

I had the factory speaker in my dash
Show us what your running in your ride R110

I tried 2- 4x6 pioneers
Show us what your running in your ride R210

but wound up using a Alpine 5x7 (not the best RIG job,but it works)
Show us what your running in your ride R310
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:48 pm

I'll have to get pics later but:

Rockford Fosgate amp
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=7&family_id=23&item_id=95241&locale=en_US

Bridged to a 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 sub in a ported box
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=4&series_id=31&family_id=11&item_id=108288&locale=en_US&p_status=

Pioneer components & 6x9s - in car when I bought it. I plan on buying some CDT or Focal comps. when these blow.

All ran off of a Clarion DB285USB head unit because my Blaupunkt finally bit the dirt after 6 years of use in 4x4s. I scored this on clearance from Crutchfield & when it goes out, I'm returning to Blaupunkt
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020D285USB/Clarion-DB285USB.html?tp=5684

All in all I got about 100+ lbs of stereo equipment in the car & I complain about my car being a slug, lol.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:16 am

if you have any dead head units, send them this way!

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:41 am

What, I left that Sparkomatic tape player in the 4 door for ya! lol! Just kidding man, I think I have one or two lying around here. Let me look.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Heres what i just got done installing in the trunk. It only took me 3 years to do it. Just need a lil more carpet.

Show us what your running in your ride 101_0406
Show us what your running in your ride 101_0405
Show us what your running in your ride Alien
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Let's see...imagine the factory radio, only it doesn't work! Laughing
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am

Just picked up the retrosound "classicsound" radio- has the adjustable shafts and the chrome metal knobs and faceplate, looks like it's gonna work out great.
Could use some advice on speakers-Been lookin at the infinity 6.5 or 6x9 for the rear deck. retrosound is making a shallow 6x4 that looks like it will fit in the factory dash opening.
Doesn't have to be that loud, but want good sound. Always had pioneer or kenwoods,
Never had the infinitys before, better sound?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:19 am

My 73 still has the factory am radio for now. But my daily beater '94 Blazer has a small system in it (just 2 little 12"s) Laughing

Show us what your running in your ride 30691010
Show us what your running in your ride 30691011
Show us what your running in your ride 30691012
Show us what your running in your ride 30691013
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Just picked up the retrosound "classicsound" radio- has the adjustable shafts and the chrome metal knobs and faceplate, looks like it's gonna work out great.
Could use some advice on speakers-Been lookin at the infinity 6.5 or 6x9 for the rear deck. retrosound is making a shallow 6x4 that looks like it will fit in the factory dash opening.
Doesn't have to be that loud, but want good sound. Always had pioneer or kenwoods,
Never had the infinitys before, better sound?

Infinity speakers have a tinny sounding tweeter & the midbass is lacking. If you do go with them, at least get the Reference series. The Kappas are a waste. I still plan on either getting some CDT Audio or Focal components when it's time to replace the junk that the previous owner left me, but I've also heard good things about Soundstream. Check out www.woofersetc.com they usually have sales going on.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:27 pm

I HATE THAT TINNY CRAP

Thanks for saving me on that one.

This speaker stuff gets intimidating-2-3-4 way, coax, component amps subs YAAAAHHH,

I hate to say it, but my factory Explorer sounds great and is plenty loud enough for me, If I could recreate it with aftemarket goodies, I'd do it in a second.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 pm

No problem. Seriously check out that site & ask them. They can usually point you in the right direction if you tell them what you're looking for.

If you want the sound to be better, go with a good component setup. Oversimplified - it's like separating the tweeters from the mid & allowing you to position them where you want them. Coaxials have them mounted in the middle of the woofer, which not only drowns out some of the sound, but doesn't allow you to aim the tweeters in an optimal listening position. I'm willing to bet your Explorer has small speakers mounted on the door near the window. If so, that is part of your component setup. The other part is likely in the lower half of the door or on the dash, correct? This is why most newer cars sound so good from the factory even with less than acceptable speakers & stereos.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:03 pm

You would be right.
4.5 or 5s in the front and back doors.
could be smaller ones lower in the door or the dash, but there's no grill for them that i can see, no info in the owners manual.

My buddy claims that they have a deeper sound for low and mid range because of the sound deadener/insulation directly behind them. He claims that "fools the speaker into thinking it's a mini sub".

Rolling Eyes

But I did see a tech on muscle car or something loading some kind of filament behind a 6x9 who was saying something similar.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Has anyone found a radio that looks like the factory one but has AM/FM and possibly CD and MP3 capabilities? I was looking at Custom Autosound, but I don't want to spend that kind of cash without hearing some reviews...
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 pm

I have a Ken Harrison in mine. Got it from NPD. It was about 300. It's AM/FM, and has an auxiliary input jack for CD/MP3/iPod. Go to my Cardomain link to see pictures.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 pm

I bought the retrosound because two or three guys on two other chevelle forums were complaining complaining about the sound and lack of adjustability of the custom autosound.
This retrosound (rerosoundusa.com) radio I just got has an MP3 plug in right in the front, has 5 or 6 preset EQ channels, loudness,treble and bass settings and comes with different knobs and faceplates. I haven't got it in yet, mostly because right now it is 7 f&*king degrees in my garage.
I picked mine up from Crutchfield.com for less than $200 for the "classicsound" model that was recommended by the manufacturer for the 73-77 Chevelle and Monte dash. Crutchfield also carries the "Model One" and gives you the faceplate/knob kit free.
I have checked mine against the dash opening, and I won't have to do anything to mount it except adjust the shafts on the radio.
Show us what your running in your ride Retro
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 pm

i just have a panasonic deck in the olds with two 6x9 and two 4x6s i think all jl audio in the rear still need to upgrade front speakers but in my daily driver 2004 cavalier i got comp set up jvc deck hifonics bxi 2006d mono amp two mtx 9500 15s and a custom built 7 cu ft box and its load check out this video and then watch the other ones lol[img]Show us what your running in your ride Img00113[/img][img]Show us what your running in your ride Img00114[/img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanAGLE9muM
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:07 pm

idk wtf any of it is but its an alpine with a cd player, and a new 6x9 speaker under the dash with 2 big speakers behind the seats in the camino

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm

in the lumina,I have a pioneer head unit with some 5x7's in the doors and 2 12" subs in da trunk.
Show us what your running in your ride 211
Show us what your running in your ride L-s11
Show us what your running in your ride 411
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:58 pm

I have a radio and speakers. Nuff said. Lol. I'm not picky.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 am

why does it say monte carlo an you say lumina?

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next