G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to test pulse wiper switch?

2 posters

Go down

How to test pulse wiper switch? Empty How to test pulse wiper switch?

Post by crice63 Tue May 15, 2018 2:37 am

I have this intermittent wiper switch and I’d like to test it before installing. How would I do this?

How to test pulse wiper switch? Aa6f4b10

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

How to test pulse wiper switch? Empty Re: How to test pulse wiper switch?

Post by thatfnthing Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 am

I'll assume it's not from your car (or the same kind), otherwise the easiest method is to simply plug it in and try it.

If it's from something else or you are upgrading, you'll need a voltmeter, and preferably the manual for the car it came out of -- this would make identifying the pins easy.  The black wire is usually the ground in a GM car, so you will need to figure out which wire is the + input, then wire those two to a battery.  

From there, use the voltmeter with the black lead on the battery negative post and then test each other terminal with the red lead while twisting the delay knob.  When you've found the right lead, you will see the voltage on the meter go up and down as you twist the knob. The voltage should change evenly as you turn it, and at the top end you should be at or near 12v.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down