G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hood hinges

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

hood hinges Empty hood hinges

Post by 73ss Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the forum here. I have a 73 chevelle ss that i have owned since 1989. I bought it when NOBODY wanted these things.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with loose & worn out pass side right hood hinges. The hood opens and closes fine, stays up, easy to close, etc. the problem is when the hood is closed you can lift the rear of the hood on the pass side up an inch or so. If you get some speed up it will start to lift.

I have several sets of hinges and every set the pass side is loose and the driver side tight. I bought a used set a month ago and they felt tight with the springs removed. I de-greased, cleaned and painted and the pass side was loose after a few up & downs with the hood. Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone bought an aftermarket hinge from the parts place or OPG?
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

hood hinges Empty Re: hood hinges

Post by Joe73 Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Welcome.

Someone should be able to post up the site for the hood hinge rebuilder. He is supposed to do great work.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:35 pm

I think this is the guy Joe's talking about. I'll be sending my door and hood hinges to this guy at some point.

http://www.hoodhingerepair.com/
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 77cruiser Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 am

Sent a pair to him awhile back less than 2 weeks they will be back to you. Car is still apart so I can't tell you how they work.
77cruiser
77cruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:33 pm

I had my hood and door hinges all done by them. Great work and well worth it. 👍

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:12 pm

thanks for the replies. I bought a set of re-man ones from a reputable shop on e-bay, 100% feedback, etc. They were tweaked slightly and the hood was so stiff to close I was afraid it was going to buckle. The guy returned them with no hassle. I'm going to try a new set. I'll post how they work.

Anyone else have just the right side wore out??
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 77cruiser Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:58 pm

The way I looked at I could by new, probably made in china now or get em rebuilt for about the same price. He will powder coat if he has the color you want.
77cruiser
77cruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down