G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

+12
thatfnthing
knightfan26917
Damon23
Wallyuph
Mcarlo77
77mali
ant7377
dynchel
Dinomyte
pila
Limey SE
Joe73
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE Empty RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:49 am

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4845344054.html

New project just bought this. OK know it isnt a G3 but had this as a kid and was a very fast car. This one has a 343 with a quad and a posi. Roadtrip next week to pick it up. Cant wait hope its warmer out there. cheers
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE Empty Re: RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:59 am

Can I go Please PLEASE OH PLease ........ Looks col you going to Clone a rebel ?

Love the Disco interior VERY COOL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE Empty Re: RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:02 pm

This is a father son thing. Sorry Dont know for sure what the plans are just could not let this one slip by.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:08 pm

I hear ya that its a Nice one ! Still didn't say I our taking me to the Warmth LOL

Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:11 pm

If your standing on 80 as we fly by wave us down. We'll be the black suburban towing the empty car hauler.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Will do LMAO Enjoy the trip My friend and Bring some Cheap tires across the Indiana Border for me from Tire Barn KK Illinois rapes us on tire fee's and taxes ..... 255/60 preferably LMAO
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:16 pm

Sorry spent every dime on the car. Hoping tax money comes in before I leave to pay for gas! LOL
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Add me on FB Anthony Heckman, I would have paid for them,,,,,Butmay have found some

Last edited by Limey SE on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Cool ! Hot Rod Magazine did an article on one of those recently...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks didnt know that good article.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:06 pm

In hs my buddy had a 69 amc javelin that we did.alot of work on and raced around.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Limey SE wrote:Add me on FB Anthony Heckman, I would have paid for them,,,,,Butmay have found some

?????? I do have you on FB.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Congrats! I think those are one of the cooler AMC's. They had some wild interiors too!

To me they kind of look like what would happen if a mid 60's Caprice and a Galaxy had produced an offspring.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Wow cool. It looks like its in great shape too! Im going to buy my next car out there too. I saw one on a kinda local cl add just recently. Ill find it and post it.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:53 pm

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4858938830.html
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:09 pm

RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE __79_amx_by_detroitdemigod-d35o8ge_zpsjikwgp7i
My neighbor had one of these growing up.  '79 AMX 304 4 speed.  My only exposure to amc's
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:15 pm

My grandfather had a Hornet wagon. First car I changed plugs on. It was a good car, AMC gets a bad rap.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:
Limey SE wrote:Add me on FB Anthony Heckman, I would have paid for them,,,,,Butmay have found some

?????? I do have you on FB.

you do ?? Well hell LMAO
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Back in 1963 I worked for a Rambler dealer for 8 months, while I was laid off from my normal job. I gotta tell ya that I wasn't impressed by anything they built back then.
I did some of their engines, and they had Borg Warner automatic transmissions, which seemed OK, and not too difficult to rebuild.

In regard to the Hornet mentioned, a friend I worked with had a '54 Hudson Hornet that he wanted to sell me. I should have bought it. It had a flat-head 308 cubic inch inline six, with two carbs, and a GM Hydramatic transmission, and gave the GM V-8s a hard time on the road. Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Nice looking ride. That interior brings back memories of my aunt's kitchen . . . Smile good memories . . .
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:40 pm

pila wrote:Back in 1963 I worked for a Rambler dealer for 8 months, while I was laid off from my normal job.  I gotta tell ya that I wasn't impressed by anything they built back then.  
I did some of their engines, and they had Borg Warner automatic transmissions, which seemed OK, and not too difficult to rebuild.

In regard to the Hornet mentioned, a friend I worked with had a '54 Hudson Hornet that he wanted to sell me.  I should have bought it.  It had a flat-head 308 cubic inch inline six, with two carbs, and a GM Hydramatic transmission, and gave the GM V-8s a hard time on the road. Very Happy

Hudson Hornet is a pretty impressive car. They have a lot of racing history with that twin h power option and Ive read they handled really well. There is a guy here in the area with a red 4 door one with the twin h dualcarb setup. Perfectly restored too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:40 am

ant7377 wrote:http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4858938830.html
looks like that guy has quite a collection!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:46 am

dynchel wrote:RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE __79_amx_by_detroitdemigod-d35o8ge_zpsjikwgp7i
My neighbor had one of these growing up.  '79 AMX 304 4 speed.  My only exposure to amc's

My brother had a 73 Javelin. He put all the AMX accessories on it after he had a accident with it. Then we put a pop up sun roof in it, took out the back seat and he had amps woofers and speakers in the back deck area and back seat( this was before they were so popular he paid big bucks for that set up and installed it him self). All carpeted like the 70-80's vans were. It was ginger brown with rainbow metal-flake in the clear coat. What a hoot as the flake was so big like bass boats have. We had to put a large nut in the clear paint gun make a pass shake it up make a pass. It really was a awesome looking car wish I had a photo of it. Keystone klassic wheels. v-8 with a 4 speed. I drove it for a summer when I got my license. They were really nice cars.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:11 pm

dynchel wrote:RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE __79_amx_by_detroitdemigod-d35o8ge_zpsjikwgp7i

John,
Your friends sister?
RARE SURVIVOR CLASSIC AMC AMBASSADOR DPL 2DOOR COUPE Amx10
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Nope, but that was the car. His was a POS, yellow & grey primer until it got the flat black treatment. I always liked the flame decal...his was faded & cracked.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next