G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members and Old farts like Me

+11
TW Monte
73ss
zucchi
bucket
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
77camino
76 Malibu
pthurman48
Keith Seymore
Iggy
Limey SE
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Members and Old farts like Me  Empty New Members and Old farts like Me

Post by Limey SE Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:27 am

With the Influx of New Member Lets take time to toss up ONE PICTURE and a brief description of your ride and plans for it

I will start I guess LOL Well its my post so yea Ok Here we go (you dont have to use your real name if you choose not to)

Name is Anthony aka Limey SE

I have two 1977 Chevelle SE's Both from same owner out of Wichita Kansas I have done extensive work to Mine and just about ready for a BBC swap from the Anemic 305 that came with it LOL Anyways They are Both Silver for now as I plan on Taking mine Back in Black to pay Homage to My first SE I owned and sold to get this Pair I have now.

The Second SE is on Par to go to my 18 year old year old Daughter who we have working together to get her started on a good road to ownership by Helping dad Restore it and that way she knows how to fix it when Breaks down and already Knows Paint somewhat She took it at college and painted her first fender ever and turned out 5 times better than anything I have ever done she is a Natural LOL  

New Members and Old farts like Me  Img_2011

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac, TW Monte and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Members and Old farts like Me  Empty Re: New Members and Old farts like Me

Post by Iggy Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:41 pm

My name is Tom, Iggy was my Fly Boy sign in the Air Force (no we did not get cool names like Maverick - that is for the movies).  I have too many square body trucks and one Laguna

New Members and Old farts like Me  Img_0113
New Members and Old farts like Me  Img_0114

I also know too much about Big Blocks and not enough about the new fangled LS engines (I make Anthony look young).
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac, fasrnur and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Man you aint Just singing Dixie there LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 am

Keith Seymore here;

After we totaled our '73 Monte Carlo my dad ordered this '74 Chevelle for my mom to drive.  He spec'd it as a base Malibu so that he could add the Police Package option.  Built in Oshawa, it was delivered to our local Chevy dealer (still in business) in September of '73.

Mom drove it for four years and I got it after she was done.  As such, I have been driving and racing it since 1978.

First pass ever was a 15.10;  now 43 years and 7 or 8 engines later it has been 9.85 @ 136 mph in the quarter.

K

New Members and Old farts like Me  Chevellefront_zps3da5f05e

New Members and Old farts like Me  Chevellerear_zpsd4c96cd6
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Limey SE, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac, fasrnur, Finn Monte and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Members and Old farts like Me  Empty 77 Malibu Classic & 77 El Camino Classic

Post by pthurman48 Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:54 pm

In 1977 I lived in Houston, TX and purchased a new 1977 Malibu Classic car for $5300 and loved it, but in 1980 traded it for a 1979 Ford F-100 and worked it hard.

Now I have just purchased a one owner 1977 El Camino Classic with 76k miles on a 305cid with automatic for $4500.  The car was made in Arlington, TX , sold new in San Angelo, TX, and purchased it in Temple, TX and it's new home will be here in Lufkin Texas.  I will try to keep it original and drive it any time I want.

Pat,

New Members and Old farts like Me  Dsc00011
New Members and Old farts like Me  Dsc00010

pthurman48
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Good Looking rig Pthurman48

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:35 pm

My name is Vince, and I am from the Great White North - Ontario Canada.

My car is a mostly stock 1976 Malibu Classic, with single round headlights swapped in place of the rectangular stacked lights and the vinyl roof/trim removed.    My Malibu was originally owned by my Dad.  I was 15 years old when I picked it out of the classified ads when he was car shopping.  It was a family car for many years and the car I learned how to drive on.  It was later passed on to my brother than then to me.  It is a mostly a well preserved original car, than I am slowly restoring and enjoying with my family.

New Members and Old farts like Me  Malibu12
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Limey SE, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:06 pm

pthurman48 wrote:In 1977 I lived in Houston, TX and purchased a new 1977 Malibu Classic car for $5300 and loved it, but in 1980 traded it for a 1979 Ford F-100 and worked it hard.

Now I have just purchased a one owner 1977 El Camino Classic with 76k miles on a 305cid with automatic for $4500.  The car was made in Arlington, TX , sold new in San Angelo, TX, and purchased it in Temple, TX and it's new home will be here in Lufkin Texas.  I will try to keep it original and drive it any time I want.

Pat,

New Members and Old farts like Me  Dsc00011
New Members and Old farts like Me  Dsc00010
Welcome pthurman48, looks like a great buy. Start your own topic and tell us more about your El Camino.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Limey SE and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:15 pm

My name is Bill and I've been a G3aholic since 1984. The car that started is all for me was  my first car, a 1977 Malibu Classic. I abused that car severely as I knew nothing about cars, or even worse, maintenance. Then a dream car showed up at the grocery store where I worked a couple years later. It was a 1976 Laguna S-3 and I didn't even know they existed until that day. Long story short, I stayed in touch with the owner and bought it 6 months later. Then 2 years after that, I bought my 2nd 76 Laguna for $450 sitting in some guys front yard with a for sale sign on it. Then the addiction got worse when I bought my first El Camino, a 1974 with a 400 sbc. And down the rabbit hole I kept going for years. Fast forward to today, the sickness is still strong and with all my kids grown and out of the house, I finally have the resources to restore a few of these wonderful cars I've picked up in recent years. Currently I am the caretaker of a 1975 Laguna, 1975 SS 454 El Camino, 1975 Hurst Olds W-30 and most recently a 1977 Pontiac Can Am. All of these are in different states of restoration. I've got a YouTube channel (G3 Garage) with videos of some of these vehicles covering a few steps of the restoration along the way. Here's some pics of these project cars.

1975 Laguna
New Members and Old farts like Me  75_lag13

1975 Hurst Olds W-30
New Members and Old farts like Me  20200710

1977 Can Am
New Members and Old farts like Me  Driver10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Limey SE, fasrnur and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:54 pm

My name is Andy, I haven't owned a G3 for all that long yet but I've always had an appreciation for them, particularly the Lagunas and El Caminos. At some point along the line, I became aware that Chevy offered an SS wagon for '73 and I thought that was really cool. Then I found one a few years ago, but kept telling myself that I didn't need it. I kept my eye on it anyway though, lol. Early this past year, I finally cracked, made an offer on the car and wound up taking it home. It's mostly original everything, has a fair amount of rust and had not been driven since the late 90's. All I've really done is clean it up a fair bit, get it roadworthy again and enjoy the heck out of driving it.

New Members and Old farts like Me  20210720

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Limey SE, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:15 am

77camino wrote:Start your own topic and tell us more about your El Camino.

I second that.

Start your own new topic in the "Introductions" section.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:48 pm

Matt here. I've had my 73 since 1989. Was originally maroon. Lots of work done over the years. Back then, This was a throw away car, nobody wanted them. Nowadays it turns lots of heads and it seems someone is always asking me to sell. It is a true SS/bucket console car. Originally a 350 car. It's had a 454 for 20 plus years. I installed a fresh 489 this past spring. I'll be pulling it back out in the coming days to install a different cam and some other things I'm not happy with. Trans is a built 200 4-R. It's a blast to drive.

I've got a ways to go before I can catch Keith Seymore: It runs consistent 12.30's @ 111 in street trim. I can drive 30 miles to the track, make 5~6 passes, back home and still have plenty of gas left. A/C works too!!

The rest of the fleet:  
'68 Vette, 327-4spd.
'13 silverado
'04 colorado "beater with a heater"
My son has a '09 G8 GT.

New Members and Old farts like Me  20210910
New Members and Old farts like Me  20210810
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by TW Monte Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:28 pm

New Members and Old farts like Me  2f573b10
New Members and Old farts like Me  3d37d610
Here’s my 73 Monte. In second Owner. Bought it from an 84 yr old man who factory ordered it and had it in storage for 23 years.  He was saving it for his grandson who decided he didn’t want it after all. Lucky me. He gave me all his paperwork and records he’s kept through the years - literally logging every oil change and maintenance item.

I have already swapped in the swivel buckets, console, shifter and steering column, swapped to posi and upgraded gears and axle while i was in there.  Rebuilt the front and rear suspension and added some drop spindles up front.

Plans are to swap in an overdrive transmission and engine upgrade when finances allow. Maybe a repaint down the road in same factory color.

She’s a fun cruiser with original paint and vinyl top. Always get lots of thumbs up and conversations stater for sure.

Thankful for this forum and the great group of folks on here who share their knowledge and help.
New Members and Old farts like Me  Ed955210
New Members and Old farts like Me  B71f7110
TW Monte
TW Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac, fasrnur, Finn Monte and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Members and Old farts like Me  Empty A day in the life of my '74 Monte Carlo – a brief photo essay

Post by zucchi Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:34 am

This series of photos depicts a typical day for my Monte Carlo.

We start the morning pulling out of my garage; I go to work kinda early.
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211110

This particular morning, she needed some breakfast.
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211111

She's the oldest and classiest car in the parking lot at work.
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211112

Need to stop to do some marketing on the way home.
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211113

Stopped off at the post office before I realized that it was a Federal holliday.
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211114

Finally back home in the garage. Take the groceries out of the trunk, close the lid then the garage door to put her to bed.
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211115

Today, we start all over again.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Limey SE, fasrnur and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:29 pm

im chris and live in ohio  been a monteholic for 37 years now.
New Members and Old farts like Me  Pps20f10
New Members and Old farts like Me  Img_5210
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Limey SE, fasrnur, Finn Monte and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:03 pm

Hello. My name is Jeff. I will admit that I haven't always been a G3 owner. My first car was this 69 El Camino SS 396 that I owned for 17 years. After my wife and I got married we bought her this 73 SS Chevelle. It was HER car and I had the Elko. This picture was taken after a day of drag racing. I'm sure it was a sight to see a Chevelle pulling an El Camino, and not the other way around. After selling the Chevelle because of living most of it's life in Minnesota.

After not having a "toy" for over ten years, I stumbled across this on Craigslist. "75 Chevelle, 350, auto trans, with clear title." $2500
Could go wrong for a running driving car. Didn't even try and talk the seller down in price.

New Members and Old farts like Me  15875110
After 62 days it looed like this. Headers, floor shifter, Auto Custom radio, custom built kick panel speakers, new carpet, Z28 front sway bar, Impala SS rear sway bar, Flowmaster nock offs and 2 1/2" exhaust system.

New Members and Old farts like Me  Barn15
New Members and Old farts like Me  Buildi10
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 pm

New Members and Old farts like Me  18092412
And now after 6 summers and 35,000 miles, it looks like this.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:22 pm

After 8 summers and 1 mile it looks like this.
New Members and Old farts like Me  4e37b110
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

fasrnur and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:32 pm

New Members and Old farts like Me  20211110
New Members and Old farts like Me  20211111
Hopefully mid summer next year these will get put on Revinkevin.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

jpowen49 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:29 pm

You know, I want to quit my job and come help you with that.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:07 am

I appreciate the comment Revin to help. Not sure if you'd need to quit your job, but the help would be a great thing. Like every other thing else I've done to this car, this too will also be done in my driveway.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:40 am

Hi guys. My name is Henrik. I live in Copenhagen Denmark.
My chevelle is a 76 with Lots of modifications ( to much to list. I have had the car for 10 years, and she was a wreck of rust and bad work when i bought it. I put a brand new 350 with a 700r4 and a posi 3:73 rear in it. Parts are wery hard to come by here. So i did some things to it that i like. It is the only one registered here to mynknowledge. I have gotten Lots of help from members here. I love this car and i drive it summertime as much as i can. New Members and Old farts like Me  Image41
New Members and Old farts like Me  Image42
New Members and Old farts like Me  Image43
New Members and Old farts like Me  Image44
New Members and Old farts like Me  Image44
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Limey SE, Finn Monte and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:43 am

Sorry for the pictures. Im not a computer wizard so i tend to do it WrongNew Members and Old farts like Me  Image45
New Members and Old farts like Me  Image46
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Limey SE, fasrnur, bucket and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:32 pm

Very nice work Henrik. Everything blends together perfectly. Very subtle changes that all work in harmony. I tip my hat to you sir, for the all the work you've put into your car.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:35 am

Thank you fasrnur. I have done exstensive work and mods to this car. Mostly due to lack off original parts availeble. She is a 75 and her name is wanda. He only original body panels left is the roof and Cowl, and frame. Rest is new or changed due to exstensive rust damage. Also alot of po did alot of bad rust repairs causing more damage. I just put in a new 350 from gm performance with a 700r4 modified to handel 500 plus hp. And currently in the process of changing rear gears to 3:73 with a posi from a trans am.

Bumpers where tucked and the rear panel made up to look like a 73 with camaro taillights. Hoodscoop is from a 68 camaro. Vinyl top added with trim from 73 camaro.

Homemade centerconsole with swivel seats and instruments from a 73 ss elcamino. Plus alot off other little things. Most dont see the mods as there are only mine registered here. So Thank you for your kind words i could not have done it with out the help from you guys in here. I have gotten alot of advise over the years so Thank you all for this. Merry cristmas Henrik and wanda.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

jpowen49 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next