G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these.....

+3
dynchel
Joe73
sportster_restorer
7 posters

Go down

If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these..... Empty If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these.....

Post by sportster_restorer Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOF7l4Cv7M

The 73-77 crowd finally has one up on the 72 and older crowd.

sportster_restorer
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these..... Empty Re: If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these.....

Post by Joe73 Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Thats very cool.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these..... Empty Re: If you have a console shifter, you might have one of these.....

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:38 pm

When I got my console out of a Cleveland junkyard many years ago (for $20.00) I never even considered pulling (or using) a factory shifter.  Had I known it was a ratchet shifter I'd have grabbed it in a heartbeat.  What I did buy though was a Hurst dual gate, which are now out of production (and have pretty high asking prices on eBay). Funny thing I only paid about $200.00 for it new in the late '90's.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:58 am

one of the articles about Seymore's car highlighted that he didn't know about it either until someone at the track showed him. That's why he kept it in that monster.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hotrod.com%2Fcars%2Ffeatured%2F1005phr-1974-chevrolet-chevelle%2F&ei=MT7OVPyzBsOuggSy-YCADw&usg=AFQjCNH-ymb0ngxbNPEaXytfmA6jdiWo2g&sig2=uO3utphJf6b26K9zZyiZVQ

"Keith ran the car for years before someone asked if it had one of those GM shifters that you can push forward at an angle to upshift just one gear at a time. He said no, but once the guy walked away, he tried it, and it was! The TH400 is a full manual valvebody, but with a standard shift pattern, so Keith can retain the factory shifter."

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 am

well SOB I will have to check mine before I install the Oldsmobile one
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:51 pm

chris told me about this 20 years ago..... I was using mine this way to chirp them tires...
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:17 pm

I thought all Chevy shifters were the ratchet-shift variety. I've got five of them and they all are.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down