G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week

+6
Mcarlo77
dynchel
Wallyuph
pila
marks454ss
thatfnthing
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week Empty Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Won't be making the trip down to B-J this year...and, can honestly say I'm not all that disappointed aside from visiting with family; although I'll do that later in the Winter or Spring.

Was just reading where high-roller Ron Pratte is liquidating his entire collection.  Word is he's bored with it and has crossed the accumulation of rare collector cars off his bucket list to pursue other interests.  Real car guy, huh?!  Once again, showing that for many of these big spenders who have way too much money, this auction is nothing more than showmanship and pissing contest to see who can spend the most money.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week Empty Re: Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week

Post by Wallyuph Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:52 pm

I agree with you totally
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week Empty Re: Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week

Post by ant7377 Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:20 pm

Not to mention ran the price up to the moon on every turd A body out there.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Yeah, but hasn't that been the problem with BJ and Mecum the entire time? I seem to remember them always being ridiculous.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by marks454ss Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:06 am

Sure makes it tough for regular people who want to by a project car. Now everybody wants $15k for a ride that needs everything re-done
marks454ss
marks454ss
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Hendrick is another one who likes to p!$$-bid for rare cars. At least he can claim that his interest is somewhat work related.

Maybe Pratt wants go get a big huge payday & blow all that money in a "Blaze or Glory", so to speak. Maybe we'll read about him overdosing on something in the company of some less than wholesome fem-fatal. Cool
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:57 pm

I kinda enjoy looking at restored & original cars, but that auction is just a bunch of rich guys swapping cars among themselves.
Can't call it "pride of ownership" for sure. It's more like "he who dies with the most toys wins " Very Happy
Lots of those resto-mod types with 600 HP never saw 3500 RPM on the road etc. Actually the whole thing is just something to watch when there's nothing else on TV ! Rolling Eyes

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 pm

After watching a couple hrs of the auction tonight, it's obvious the average Joe has been overlooked altogether in this year's events.  Normally, the first couple of days are filled with cars that aren't such high-end collectibles and are within reach of the common collector/hobbiest.  Not this year.  Thanks, in part, to Ron Pratte's collection being paraded across the stage already, the caliber of cars are bringing in sales averaging in the $150K-$200K+ range...which you usually don't see until later in the week.  

My 2 hrs of viewing thru Discovery Channel are over anyway until Sat. afternoon (we'll get another 4 hrs of non-prime time) because the rest of the coverage will be on Velocity...and, I refuse to give Comcast another dollar for their next tier of services in order to get that channel.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Somebody paid $250 LARGE for a Beverly Hillbillies REPLICA, not even from the old TV show but rather that lame movie that came our a few years ago.

You're right Steve, it's all about the Money. Mecum has been getting that way as well. To tell the truth, I'd rather buy a car from the Carlisle PA corral, any day.

PS- give in, Velocity is pretty cool, as are some other Discovery Network Channels. Don't you wanna watch Moonshiners or Bigfoot Hunters? Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Ha...I watch Moonshiners once in awhile.  Been taking notes, but can't figure out how to hide a still in the suburbs.  And, used to watch the Bigfoot Hunters ("I think there's a Squatch in these woods!").

I thought your personal fave would be Naked and Afraid...lol! affraid
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 am

Moonshiners, is that the series with a bunch of dudes with long beards & no teeth ?

In regard to the Discovery family of channels, they have a new CEO, who said he wants to get rid of some of the BS in their programming. It's about time....
And the name of the old military channel was renamed the AHC...the American Hero's Channel. Like many buzz words these days, the word "hero " is really an over-worked word. Like anyone who does their job is automatically a "hero" Must be all about the ratings game of television BS.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:25 am

I think you (pila) are thinking of duck dynasty.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Ha...I watch Moonshiners once in awhile.  Been taking notes, but can't figure out how to hide a still in the suburbs.  And, used to watch the Bigfoot Hunters ("I think there's a Squatch in these woods!").

No interest in Naked and even less in Afraid, LMAO.   Plus they Pixel-over the good bits!

I like ... in no particular order:  
Velocity-
The new Overhauling, Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, Phantom Works, Garage Squad, Bitchin' Rides, Americarna, The show with Lou Santiago- Car Fix, Legendary Motor Cars, 5th Gear, My Classic Car, All Girls Garage, Car Crazy

Discovery-
Moonshiners, Curse of Oak Island, Ancient Aliens, in Search of Aliens, Biblical Conspiracy's, How the Universe Works, Alaska the Last Frontier, Myth Busters, @ss Monkey Garage & the spin-off Misfit Garage, Mountain Men ... prob a few more too I'm missing!  

I don't watch the news much anymore- too depressing.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Wow Paul, when do you sleep?

Any show that needs subtitles to understand some hillbilly is usually a good one, IE Moonshiners. The moonshiner that looks like Dale Earnhardt is easily the hardest to understand. We turned the screen off and tried to guess what he was saying. Absolutely impossible.

I have to say out of that list, I cannot stand the walking catch phase guy on Bitchin' Rides. DUDE, KILLER, CHECK IT OUT, BITCHIN' (repeat for 39 minutes)... I can't change the channel fast enough.

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:18 pm

I'm kinda bummin' I don't get velocity.  However I pay way too much for TV as it so its not in the plans.  I wish you could pick only  the channels you want and get a custom package.  I could pick five channels & i'd be good.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:19 pm

LOL Jerry!  That's just the ones I watch when I can catch them.

You can't blame the fellow from Bitchin' Rides.  He's from So-Cal, dude!  My favorite "Team" from 'Shiner's is ole' Jim Bob and his buddy.  Real old school shiners man!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week IMG_70204522656023_zps8z8f8u1q
Using "he's from so cal" as a excuse is like this guy saying "it was the '70's...daisy dukes, knee high socks and a cowboy hat looked cool."
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:41 pm

My friend is at Barrett-Jackson right now. It was one thing on his bucket list to go to. He just sent me a text and said "the prices here are the cars are Just nuts"
Said a 1969 AMX is at $47000.00
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Ha...I watch Moonshiners once in awhile.  Been taking notes, but can't figure out how to hide a still in the suburbs.  And, used to watch the Bigfoot Hunters ("I think there's a Squatch in these woods!").

He likes naked and afraid. Dont believe him.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Street Outlaws is a good show too. I like the GTO and Hurst Olds. Its gotta be scripted though. Too bad they didnt have these shows 20 yrs ago. Every Saturday night they could have filmed an episode in our tri state area.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:19 pm

ant7377 wrote:

He likes naked and afraid. Dont believe him.

Maybe ... But I hear you've been watching Fat N' Furious Razz
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week Fat-n-furious-lowtouch-showimage

dynchel wrote:Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale This Week IMG_70204522656023_zps8z8f8u1q
Using "he's from so cal" as a excuse is like this guy saying "it was the '70's...daisy dukes, knee high socks and a cowboy hat looked cool."

Those were good times, man!  So were the 80's, what I can remebmer anyway.

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Better than Naked and Afraid,which you like. Nice cowboy hat by the way,and pop up sunroof and socks.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:20 pm

And daisy dukes.....
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:43 am

LOL, that guy looks like the 1st confirmed case of AIDS in the US pale
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:24 am

Back to the subject at hand,Paul. Did anyone watch last night? See that silver Corvette? What a bunch if bull. The 3 taillight job would have turned me right off and the rubber fuel line with hose clamps all over it and 2 dollar filter. It still went for huge money though.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next