G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up?

+4
dynchel
driveit
chevellelaguna
Oldschool454
8 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Empty Re: 75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up?

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Think he may be talking about those lower fender support bars/rods that secure the lower front fender to the frame.

I'm not following what exactly is happening here, either. Fenders & hood are the same on all '73-'77 Chevelles/El Caminos...so, the width across the front should be the same whether '73 Laguna or '75 El Camino. I'd like to see a couple more pics...maybe a corner shot and one looking down the side of the car towards the front.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Empty Re: 75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up?

Post by tropdeprojet Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:17 pm

I know it's the same and i know it's bolt on but i dont like the fender gap whit the nose.
I have 3/8 thickness here and less on the nose.
75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Wp_20116
75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Wp_20117
The bracket i talk
75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Wp_20118
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Okay...I'm following what you're saying, now.

I took a look at the nose on my Laguna and I don't readily see where there's any method of adjustment, either. Not much you can do about the bracket or nose itself. Could the mtg holes on the fender be elongated so you could push that leading edge in more?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Okay...I'm following what you're saying, now.

I took a look at the nose on my Laguna and I don't readily see where there's any method of adjustment, either.  Not much you can do about the bracket or nose itself.  Could the mtg holes on the fender be elongated so you could push that leading edge in more?

I can't push more. The 3/8 inch you can see in my first picture stop the inside part of the nose. I think i only have to work on the fender tinkness.

Maybe i have a jobber nose or my fenders was built whit that mistake? I know when i remove the paint on the fenders they have original paint.
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:55 pm

It's ok now!
Hammer work

75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Wp_20119
75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Wp_20120
75 Laguna nose on 77 malibu classic - will it just bolt up? - Page 2 Wp_20121
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Looking good Buddy I am glad you didn't give up the fight !
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Looks great, I hope I can do as good a job.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2