G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte

5 posters

Go down

Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte Empty Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte

Post by ant7377 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Got this - http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/291

Its my second one,the 77 has one too, but there first design,the new one has buttons like the original. Kinda looks like it too and now the even have the same knobs as the original. The restoration supply place Ground Up (SS396.com) is about an hour from my house and they had an open house today, so I went up there too look around and got it there. Lots of neat stuff to look at not much for our cars but they got to 77 in their catalog so maybe they will come out with more stuff.

Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte 9886d1def7155e12b647ffccdef7911b
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte Empty Re: Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte

Post by 77mali Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Nice!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte Empty Re: Bought a new stereo for my 73 Monte

Post by 76 Malibu Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Have the same radio in the '76. Installation was easy and it looks and functions well. My only complaint is it doesn't have a ton of power stock, but I guess you can always add an amp.

76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:03 pm

76 Malibu wrote:Have the same radio in the '76.  Installation was easy and it looks and functions well.  My only complaint is it doesn't have a ton of power stock, but I guess you can always add an amp.

Im that big of a music guy as far as sound and stuff as long as its clear and I can crank it up sometimes. What is cool with these (as you know) you dont need the knobs. You can hide the whole thing in the glove box if you want and use the remote and a "eye' which they sell . You can add what ever you like to it really. I can put my nice mint dash face in it now and get rid of the stupid stereo that is in it now.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:58 am

That is cool! Does it do the aux usb stuff too?
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by magic marouke Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:23 am

I think I'd rather go without a windshield in winter than no stereo . Looks great dude .
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down