G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your thoughts just need to vent...

+2
Hawk03
driveit
6 posters

Go down

Your thoughts just need to vent... Empty Your thoughts just need to vent...

Post by Bigc Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:30 am

Moved into a new location 4 months ago..The day we were given the keys to the place I asked about having a dog..(Via management company rep) The guy said oh go ahead the owner can careless..So I purchase a blu coat pit bull 2 months old ears were crop'd dog was in bad shape as in the health day of purchase..I had no clue until we took her to the vet..Now after investing over $600.00 to get this dog healthy 3 months later with us and we have become very attached to the pup..

Dude who lives next to us who has not been too friendly rental area is owned by the same owner who owns the property that we are renting..He has a dog as well..I was walking out the door with my dog as he began to walk his.My dog looked at his and came to a stop nothing more or less.He turned around but hurt and walked his dog back inside his home.My dog will only lick you to death not a vicious bone in her.She even loves to play with cats to be honest..

This sob called the owner of the property told that we have a dog..Now the owner of the property wants a $1,700.00 pet deposit..

Would it be wrong to ask to break the lease and move out? I will not even consider making a payment plan for that pet deposit at $1,700.00..The dog is house trained and has not caused any damage to this home at all...

What would you do? Keep in mind the management company told me not a prob the day they forked over the keys..If it were I would had never purchased the dog..

Bigc
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts just need to vent... Empty Re: Your thoughts just need to vent...

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:51 am

Seems like someone broke their word to you and you have a busy-body, A-hole of a neighbor, both are bad signs. I'd be looking for a new place.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 am

I would contact them back and make sure that they know the only reason you went ahead with the deal is due to having the ability to have a dog and that no pet deposit was mentioned when the lease was signed. Did it say anything about pets or a pet deposit on the lease?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 am

What a dumb neighbor. If your lease doesn't state that a pet deposit is required then I don't think the owner has any right to require you to pay that deposit.  I'm sure there is a move out clause that states if you break the lease you will be responsible for the remainder of the rent or part of it. If the owner starts to be a real pain get a lawyer to help get everything sorted out before you move out and owe this guy even more money after breaking the lease.

Also, communicate by email so everything is tracked and in writing if there is a need to go to court. Save text messages as well.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm

It will all fall back on what the lease says regarding pets. Won't matter what the Management Rep stated. If there's no pet clause, it's tough noogies for the owner and management company. That's something those two will have to work out on future rentals. If there is a pet clause, unfortunately, it's your responsibility to have read it prior to signing papers. Of course, I suppose the owner could become a real prick and not let you renew the lease once it expires? Don't know what the law says regarding that if you're a responsible renter.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigc Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:12 am

I went over my lease and faxed it to my cousin who is a lawyer....No clause was in it as in a pet deposit or if pets were allowed on the property..He called the owner and management company...Long story short for my dog to remain here $200.00 pet deposit...$200.00 is a gift compared to $1,700.00..Going to pay the $200.00 and be done with it..

Thanks for the replies..

Bigc
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 am

That $200 deposit they're asking now is still b.s. given there was no clause in the lease. But, as you say, if it will get him off your back, so be it.

Makes you wonder how these people come up with those numbers. I mean...at first, $1700 will be necessary to insure his property from damage. Now, it's $200. WTF...they just randomly pull a number out of thin air?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Out of their Arses I'd say. Helps to have an atty on your side to deal with creeps like that. I'd keep an eye on that neighbor, seems like there is some whacked out relationship there with the property owner.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigc Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 am

The owner of the property that you rent can ask for the same exact amount pet deposit that you pay rent..Well thats what the owner tried with me...

Come to find out the guy told the owner we have 3 dogs and a cat...I could not believe this BS..I have only the one pup..Just shows me this guy has his eyes on me and mine..Good thing I have yet to have a get together here with family and friends or play loud music at all if you catch my drift..

I mind my own and have never had a convo with the person who called the owner of the property.

Bigc
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:28 am

Sounds like that guy could be "one of those p.i.t.a. neighbors" who carries some sort of grudge against everyone in general. All you can do is be a model neighbor yourself and leave him to wallow in his sad existence. Unfortunately, he has already demonstrated that he will stoop to fabricating infringements to himself, his dog, property, etc. to satisfy some sort of mental deficiency...despite your best efforts. I've had a friend or two who've lived next to people like this and they say it's like walking on eggshells much of the time. Best of luck.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 am

Bigc wrote:Come to find out the guy told the owner we have 3 dogs and a cat...I could not believe this BS..I have only the one pup..Just shows me this guy has his eyes on me and mine..

Even worse -- it shows he's willing to make s**t up. He's going to be no end of problems. Start looking for a new place -- it only takes one I AM GAY neighbor to make your life miserable.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down