G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour"

+4
driveit
DoctorLarry
Biomedtech
Pontichev327
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 Empty Re: Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour"

Post by Darkcalling1 Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:15 am

All these choices lol. Still liking that 9C1 idea I would do the front and rears though 5x5 all the way around would be cool thanks for all the options and ideas guys. Now if I can just get the wife to move to the farm so I can have the big shop instead of the double garage Smile

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 Empty Re: Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour"

Post by 77mali Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:28 pm

DoctorLarry wrote:If you want a true bolt in swap, look for rear disc brakes off a mid or late 90's S10 or Olds Bravada.  They have the internal drum parking brake, the correct bolt pattern for the wheels, and are really a bolt-in swap.  Plus, they are common as dirt in most salvage yards.

Thanks Doc! x2

I've been pricing out aftermarket rear disc brake kits for mine & they are real {expletive not included} expensive. If I had the money I'd get a Baer 6 piston kit like 74malibu383 just put on his ride, they're really nice. Alas, restoration funds have succumbed to other priorities for now.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:35 am

I was also looking at this one new via Summit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-afxds01/overview

It's obviously not Baer or Wilwood, but it should be significantly better than stock drums and it's a reasonable price for new stuff.  Mine only sees street and highway use anyway.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 am

thatfnthing wrote:I was also looking at this one new via Summit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-afxds01/overview

It's obviously not Baer or Wilwood, but it should be significantly better than stock drums and it's a reasonable price for new stuff.  Mine only sees street and highway use anyway.

Thanks, those look good. Price is reasonable too.

Also- Any pics of "Betsy"?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:15 am

Those do look nice!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:48 am

I will load some pics up this week end before the blaster and show you my weird interior rust since there doesn't appear to be much on the outside. She looks like as I was told a car that sat for most of its life after a spun bearing odometer said 73,128 klms on it. Brake pedal has next to now wear at all seats were all good other then dried out. Hoping to get the rest of the glass out and the door reinforcements. Then off to the blaster.

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Ok I am trying to figure out how to get the pics off my phone and on to here my bad.

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 am

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 20140310Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 20140311

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:26 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f56/18/81/64/37/20140414.jpgBetsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 20140415

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

I'll keep workin on it when I get more time not the most computer savvy type guy. That shows the idea though the interior is rustier then the exterior. confused 

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:42 am

How did that happen? They usually rust from the bottom up, not the interior out... scratch 
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 am

I would say by the looks of the pedals and the story I got they cooked the engine and she has been sitting for 32 years. Where ever it was it was smoldering hot as well the clips for the dome light were melted on the top side and as soon as I popped one rod off the liner, the liner turned to dust pretty much. I know so weird never saw anything rust back wards before lol.

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:53 pm

It should come off with a wire wheel @ low rpm.  Mine was in similar condition.  The vinyl top will get hot & help to cook the headliner.  If there are any leaks, even small ones that wet the carpet the evaporation will go through the perforated headliner & condense on the roof & cause that rust. Of course years of sitting outside in one spot will compound the problems.

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 Dsc01510

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 Dsc01511

Betsy's Rebirth "76 Laguna pro tour" - Page 2 P1000111

Last edited by 77mali on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Damn Paul, I'm surprised you didn't paint some por15 over that and call it a day.  drunken 
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:59 pm

I should have, it will be hidden by a new headliner @ some point but I'd know I took a short cut and it would eat away at me.   Rolling Eyes  Laughing 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:57 pm

Well done on that, mine looks a little worse so I am going with blasting inside and out don't want that stuff sneaking back on me lol.

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2