G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase

+13
blaq's 73
taz575
Malicruiser
Famstyle
Jedediah
1973 454 MONTE
Limey SE
74MonteCarlo
laguna55
badtemper44
ant7377
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
bigredlaguna
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase

Post by taz575 Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Thats what i thought until i saw the rotted floor boards and quarters . I am not sure whats holding the body on . I was thinking it would be a great car to build for my son if he would get off his A$$ and stop playing video games he is 16 !
I am already neck deep in the car i have and for the price i paid its going to get parted sorry .
Unless my son comes back to reality and says he wants it . We can only hope .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase

Post by Limey SE Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Dang there was a member here looking for a 73 Tail panel as well and that one sure looks nice as could be

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

taz575 wrote:Thats what i thought until i saw the rotted floor boards and quarters . I am not sure whats holding the body on . I was thinking it would be a great car to build for my son if he would get off his A$$ and stop playing video games he is 16 !
I am already neck deep in the car i have and for the price i paid its going to get parted sorry .
Unless my son comes back to reality and says he wants it . We can only hope .

dad daddy dad,,,,,,,im done playin games now......... can we please go work on my car..... Sleep oh sorry,thought you could be my dad for a second. hehehehe

my 17 year old has 3 jobs and juggles school, and puts his own gas in the monte.the other kids at his work think im nuts for letting him drive it. Very Happy
Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 Cjwork10

your son will come around soon.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Limey SE wrote:Dang there was a member here looking for a 73 Tail panel as well and that one sure looks nice as could be

heres the thread
https://www.g3gm.com/t4687-need-a-tail-light-panel-for-73-malibu?highlight=1973+panel
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm

He is a good kid just real short on motivation . I tried bought him a car and it just sat . Offered to pay him to help with cleaning the undercoat off of the car i am building and clean the garage he said no !
Monte i am glad to hear your son has a solid work ethic mine got his from my ex wife .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Pics of dash that i am fiberglasing . The pics are of 2 layers of fiberglas the vent holes and emblem have been filled . The speaker grill was pretty rotted out and it had two big cracks coming from both defrost vents its just roughed in right now lots of block sanding to come [img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 2012-019[/img][img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 2012-020[/img][img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 2012-021[/img][img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 2012-022[/img][img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 2012-023[/img]
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:04 pm

taz575 wrote:He is a good kid just real short on motivation . I tried bought him a car and it just sat . Offered to pay him to help with cleaning the undercoat off of the car i am building and clean the garage he said no !
Monte i am glad to hear your son has a solid work ethic mine got his from my ex wife .

my 2 boys have always wanted to help. the oldest got more time in on the monte than the younger one.Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 Copy_o12

CJ drove the monte at age 15 at a car cruz. they shut down the street. alot of head turning when he drove by.Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 100_6411

give it time,one day the will figure out that dads are more fun than video games.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Looks good! Any good interior stuff in that 73 you're looking to sell?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 pm

77 mali the interior is in really good shape what do you need ? I dont need much in the interior . Send me a list of what your looking for .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Did you strip off old vinyl or glass over it? What under vinyl Ive never looked into it?? Only on one drag purpose car , Ive seen dash pass. side cut off!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I sanded the vinyl with 40 grit and glassed over it . I used foam to fill the big cracks . I made sure not to add to much material around mounting surface instrument panel and around windshield . So far its working really good . It has smoothed it out and i can put either crisp lines on edges or round them off .

By the time i was done with the 40 grit the vinyl was razorblade thin .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 am

Ahhh, got you Koool What color you painting it?
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:33 am

I am going to use carbon fiber cloth and resin over the fiberglas . Not the carbon fiber sticker stuff . I was going to simulate the carbon fiber look with paint but have since decided to laminate it with the carbon fiber . No offense but i am not a ricer i just havent seen any one do this and wanted a euro touring look . I will be doing the laguna nose and fiberglass hood in the carbon fiber also .

I am getting a rendering done so i can see how it looks before i start on the exterior though . Just in case its to much dont want to go to all that work and not like it . It wont be done till april when i get it will post it for opinions.

Last edited by taz575 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 am

Hey famstyle your profile says auto tech i have spent the last 22 years in shops . first 10 with chrysler 11 with chevy dealers now back at a chrysler dodge store getting ready to ASE recert again . You work independents or dealer ? Not a big fan of the fiat technology but i will stick it out and see .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:42 am

Taz575 I think the carbon fiber cloth will look good and should add some strength to it. Are you using a S3 front end? There is a S3 running around my town here and has me thinkn a 73 with an S3 nose would look very nice. Since I have a 73 but I am not going that with my build.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 am

Yes a 76 luguna s3 nose . I think it will give it a road race look and modern style with classic lines . Honestly i always likes the bigger quarter windows over the smaller windows . But i have everything to clone the car to a luguna . The nose swivel buckets the floor bracket for seats quarter window louvers a couple sets of emblems tail panel and all .

Spent months gathering the laguna stuff i had no idea how hard that stuff is to get . Went and picked up the nose 250 + miles away and had to pay top dollar that hurt .

Oh by the way dans garage in eastern washington has lots of 73-77 A body parts . http://www.dansgarage.net/ If you need the hard to find stuff .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am

Taz
Who makes the rims you posted on page 1? TY.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

They are wheels for a c5 corvette zr1 18" front 19" rear 56mm offset . Got them on ebay look for c5 vette wheels guy is out of bradenton florida . If you wanttorun vette wheels you will need hub centric spacers . Thats why i use the 1/2x20 screw in wheel studs .

You can also use bmw wheels with a 74.1 hub bore with a hub centric sleeve . The bmw wheels are a 4.72 bolt pattern versus a 4.75 . The chevy owners in europe have been doing that .

The elco/gto i put up pics of had 19" bmw wheels . There offset is just about perfect. No spacers .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks! I saw a set that looked similar at one of the "Tire Stores". I think they were 15"'s though. Cool afro
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 2 Empty @taz

Post by Famstyle Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:57 pm

taz575 wrote:Hey famstyle your profile says auto tech i have spent the last 22 years in shops . first 10 with chrysler 11 with chevy dealers now back at a chrysler dodge store getting ready to ASE recert again . You work independents or dealer ? Not a big fan of the fiat technology but i will stick it out and see .
Hey, all independent shops. Front end, align. stuff. Tires ,batts cooling, engine a little tranny! Shop in retail, you know Sears,Penske, Tuffys! No dealerships I thought about just never done it! How do you like dealership work?
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Nice touches on concepts for your build! Sounds like you got a awesome car in the works, cant wait too see more!!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Famstyle I tried the independents for a while it semmed like the lacked a lot of the tools diagnostic and were limited by resources . There was some damn good techs very well rounded in various makes and models but i am spoiled by the factory support special tools and all .
And i dont like doing tires at a dealer i can have the lube guys do them . The other nice thing about dealers is the paid training . The pay isnt bad but warranty work pays next to nothing . iT all evens out in the wash .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Sounds nice!!! Are u good with all the electronics todays car are overruned with!!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 am

taz575 wrote: I am going to use carbon fiber cloth and resin over the fiberglas . Not the carbon fiber sticker stuff . I was going to simulate the carbon fiber look with paint but have since decided to laminate it with the carbon fiber . No offense but i am not a ricer i just havent seen any one do this and wanted a euro touring look . I will be doing the laguna nose and fiberglass hood in the carbon fiber also .

I am getting a rendering done so i can see how it looks before i start on the exterior though . Just in case its to much dont want to go to all that work and not like it . It wont be done till april when i get it will post it for opinions.
Are you doing the carbon fiber overlay yourself? If not I'm looking for someone to make custom carbon fiber pieces, not exactly a big market for it though.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by taz575 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:28 am

Yes i will do it myself . I would like to get into making some moulds one of these days and doing vacume injected stuff . Come to find out that most of the carbon fiber hoods and that are fiberglass with a couple layers of cabon fiber. They even have black fiberglass mat for last glass layer before carbon fiber so it shouldnt be a problem to do . I am considering making a mould of the hood and laguna nose for the carbon fiber overlay .
I am a broke auto tech if i cant afford i have to figure out how to make it .

What kind of parts do you need made ? I could use the practice if its small stuff .
taz575
taz575
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next