G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago

4 posters

Go down

The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago Empty The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago

Post by DoctorLarry Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:20 pm

I came across these while cleaning up some picture files. This was the inspiration for my car. This was being built probably 15 years ago. He had a cool website (no longer around) that chronicled building a 76 Laguna to autocross with, way before it was cool. He MADE his own nose piece and rear spoiler, put in Corvette ZR1 tail lights, made a fiberglass rear bumper, and put in a fuel cell with quick fill cap. The paint was bright (and I do mean bright) yellow. I never saw it done because the web host went away. I'm sure it is archived somewhere, though. I just wish I knew how to get it.
The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago DSCN1381_zps9fd54c6cThe First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago DSCN1380_zps3ebb885d

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago Empty Re: The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago

Post by DoctorLarry Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm

I found an archived link. Enjoy!
http://web.archive.org/web/20011013033947/http://www.ultranet.com/~jdwilson/concep.htm

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago Empty Re: The First Pro Touring Laguna-13 Years Ago

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Nice car. I was tempted to Email the guy to find out what modifications he did on the suspention, but did not. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorLarry Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Good luck. That web page was in 2000. It has been dead for a long time.

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 am

I like that a lot, just wish you could have enlarged the images.  I love that fuel filler setup.  I've always thought of doing something like that.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorLarry Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 am

Try clicking on the link I posted. I was amazed that I found the web pages archived. If you follow the pictures on the bottom of the page you can see the pictures larger and in color.

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 am

I did thanks.  Although I still could not enlarge the images.  I'm just a little bit blind...  Hopefully going to the eye doc on Monday!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:03 pm

I remember this car. 
Was the guy from Canada? 
Wonder where it ended up?
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down