G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevell-a-bration 2011

3 posters

Go down

Chevell-a-bration 2011 Empty Chevell-a-bration 2011

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Some of you have already seen/heard about this event, but I figure it should be posted. Chuck is a member here, but never posts this info to us. Not sure why? scratch

Where: Goodlettsville, TN
When: June 9-11, 2011

CHEVELLE-ABRATION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
This information is only intended for non-ACES members. Active ACES members will have full event information in their bi-monthly "Chevelle World" magazine, thus already knowing the answers to the questions below.

What is this Chevell-abration thing I keep hearing about?
Chevell-abration is simply the biggest all-Chevelle Show in the world, open to all '64-'87 Chevelles, Malibus. El Caminos and other related GM A-bodies, such as Canadian Beaumonts and GMC Sprints. It is the annual convention for Members of the American Chevelle Enthusiasts Society (ACES), and is co-hosted by the Mid-South Chevelle Club in Tennessee.

When is this show and where is it held?
The show is held June 9-11, 2011 at Moss-Wright Park in Goodlettsville, TN; about 10 miles north of Nashville, TN.

Can anybody come to the show, or do you have to be a member of ACES?
The show is open to all classic Chevelle lovers who wish to spectate, with a small admission charge. However, if you want to bring your Chevelle, display it on the Show Field, and take part in all the event activities, you have to be an active ACES member.

I'm not an ACES member, how do I join?
HYPERLINK "https://www.worldcomputing.com/aces/"Just click here and get all the information you need to become an ACES member.

Can I join ACES at the show?
Yes, you can sign up for ACES Membership ($45 annual dues) at Chevell-abration, but you can't register to have your car in the show while at the event itself. You must be n ACESMember before registering for the event. Once you're a Member of ACES, your membership packet will be sent out, including the latest issue of the club's official magazine, Chevelle World. The official registration for, a schedule, and other information are all included in that issue

Why would I want to register for the show if I am not bringing a Chevelle?
Registering for Chevell-abration allows you to take part in all the event activities whether you bring your Chevelle or not., including a shot at the $500 cash giveaway, some incredible door prizes, and informative seminars. Each registered Participant also receives a Goody bag stuffed with catalogs, coupons and gifts, and your registration also includes a FREE event T-shirt! Does that sound like plenty of reason to register?

I just heard about this, is it too late to join ACES and still get registered for the show?
It's never too late to join ACES!! As for being to late to register for the show.... It depends on how close it is to the show deadline. You can call the ACES HotLine (615) 643-2237 any week night from 7-11pm CDT, and find out if registration is still open.

I can't make it for the whole show, so what is the best day to get there and have the most fun?
All three days of Chevell-abration are action-packed! Chevelles start arriving earlier in the week, but on Thursday they get registered and start to get cleaned up for the show. This is probably the most "laid back" day, and most Participants are easy to find and talk to while they shine their Chevelles. Thursday evening everyone will get a chance to "take it to the track," at Music City Raceway for some heart-stopping, blood-pumping, asphalt-ripping racing down the 1/8-mile track! Friday is the day of the "Big Show," and all Chevelle showcars will be parked on the show field for judging. There are plenty of Participant activities (Seminars, pedal car races, side by side "bench" racing, spark plug changing, and even Hot Wheels races) going on throughout the entire event and even a relaxing country-side cruise through the beautiful hills of Tennessee on the way to the dragstrip Thursday afternoon. On Friday evening, get ready to test your tenacity as the popular autocross event pits competitors against the stopwatch with a cash payout to the winner! Saturday offers plenty more of the same, with all registered cars on the show field, family activities and contests, and the Awards Ceremony followed by even more fun at thee informal gathering at the Host hotel! Sunday is a day to pack it away and hit the highway. Which day is best? You decide.

I've heard some real nice cars come to this event, I don't think my car is nice enough to put in the show. Will I get laughed at?
Some of the finest Chevelles in the country show up for this event, that is a fact! However, Chevell-abration is not a cut-throat, point-judged show. It's a family event, perfect for meeting old friends and making new ones while enjoying the fun, sun and good old-fashioned Chevelle camaraderie!!! There are Chevelles of all types here, from highly detailed, restored Chevelles to highly-modified race cars, and clean daily drivers to unmolested original Survivors!! There's room and classes for everyone and their Chevelles. The only laughing that goes on here is from all the fun that everyone's having!!!

What is Moss Wright Park like, what should I expect?
Moss-Wright Park is a community park. So that means the show cars are parked on freshly-mowed grass, there's plenty of parking for trailers, and lots of nice shade trees to park your lawn chairs under! So respect for the host community and fellow Chevellers is a must; no horseplay with the cars, no coolers full of beer behind the car, and no pets on the show-field.

Where can I stay when and if I make the trip to Chevell-abration?
There are plenty of hotels within a half-mile or so of Moss-Wright park, and even more within a 5-10 mile radius. ACES Members get hotel info in their Chevelle World magazine; non-Members can call the ACES Hotline (615) 643-2237 (7-11pm CDT) for housing info.

So how do the cars get judged?
The cars are judged by the Participants. Every registered Participant gets a ballot when they pick up their Goody bag, and chooses his/her favorite Chevelle in each class. Classes are broken down by each year and whether they fall into the Stock (three changes or less) or Modified (more than three changes), and there are no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place winners....just the Top Three in each class. This makes for a real laid back atmosphere without the cut-throat competition usually associated with a "point-judged" show.

What are the chances that Chevell-abration will come to the West coast, or the Northeast, or anywhere else besides Tennessee in the coming years?
Chevell-abration will continue to be held in Goodlettsville,TN for as long as they will have us. The first Chevell-abration was held in 1997 with about 100 Chevelles showing up. Every year since then, it has grown in size and quality. There are five ACES Regional events that held during the Summer months throughout the country, including Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Cleveland, Ohio;, Kansas City, KS and Portland, OR. If you can't make it to Chevell-abration, one of the ACES Regional events provides the same high-quality, family-oriented fun at a location within a days drive from most locations around the country.

So why not join ACES and take part in all these great official ACES events near you? We promise you'll have a blast!

Chuck Hanson
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Chevell-a-bration 2011 Empty Re: Chevell-a-bration 2011

Post by 74chick Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 pm

If I wasn't on he wrong coast I'd show up.
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:38 pm

wish theyd do this out here in cali.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:45 am

Well TW we do have this V
http://socalchevellecaminoclub.org/s4c/images/stories/Car_show_flyer_2011_Web.pdf
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down