G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i just got a power window setup....

4 posters

Go down

i just got a power window setup.... Empty i just got a power window setup....

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 pm

i need to know how to hook them up to the battery i am going to put them in the passengers door tomorrow
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

i just got a power window setup.... Empty Re: i just got a power window setup....

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 pm

77malibu77 wrote:i need to know how to hook them up to the battery i am going to put them in the passengers door tomorrow

you first need a relay,the relay gets its power from the IGN terminal on the fuse block and than the wires go to the switches.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

i just got a power window setup.... Empty Re: i just got a power window setup....

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:25 pm

ok thx
and back onto the power window subject i have a power window motor i think its out of a 80 something camaro (maybe 87), and i am trying to make it work with my doors but i have to drill in new holes in the door
i only want to make new holes once,so how can i do it any tips
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Drill slowly and use grommets. Not too sure what other tips you're looking for.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:19 pm

idk well the arms look a little bit smaller than the manual window ones, but i guess ill go try and get it
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:59 pm

On my 70 someone cut the original PW wiring so I made my own. I didnt hook it to the ignition on, instead its hooked to the power side on the fuse block (always on, I can then roll my windows up or down without a key on) then I used a auto circut breaker so when the motor sees a big load (all the way up or down) the circut breaker cuts power to prevent the motor from burning up.

i just got a power window setup.... SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:On my 70 someone cut the original PW wiring so I made my own. I didnt hook it to the ignition on, instead its hooked to the power side on the fuse block (always on, I can then roll my windows up or down without a key on) then I used a auto circut breaker so when the motor sees a big load (all the way up or down) the circut breaker cuts power to prevent the motor from burning up.

thanks thats definately an idea! What a Face
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down