G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

power window and /or power lock switches ?'s

3 posters

Go down

power window and /or power lock switches  ?'s Empty power window and /or power lock switches ?'s

Post by Bruisr Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 pm

I have some old power window and door lock switches, does anybody know which stud on the back of the switches does what? I'm looking to reuse the switches to keep the appearence, but since I don't have anything else to go with them, I want to see if I can use them to operate other devices. The door lock switch has 3 studs on the back, 1 of them is isolated from the other 2. Can I asuume the single 1 is power in and the other 2 control the action. What about a ground wire?
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

power window and /or power lock switches  ?'s Empty Re: power window and /or power lock switches ?'s

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Not sure what you are describing with the switch pins. My factory Lock switches have three pins in a dogleg configuration; pretty much equally spaced. Can't say any one pin is isolated. I do think you have the right idea in that one is power and the other two dictate the direction of the action. If you'd like, I can get back to you with the correct color wires and which pin they go on if you can then find a schematic to confirm. I've got a harness laying around.

As for Ground...there is no wire as it is achieved through the door metal via the mtg bolts of window motor and/or lock actuator.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

power window and /or power lock switches  ?'s Empty Re: power window and /or power lock switches ?'s

Post by Biomedtech Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Hopefully this will help...

power window and /or power lock switches  ?'s Powerw10

power window and /or power lock switches  ?'s Powerd10
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down