G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

+8
lars
knightfan26917
BlackChevelleSS
Malicruiser
74MonteCarlo
JB2wheeler
coreys73chevelle
dragons_lair59
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 pm

LoL! Truth be told, I have an uncut spare in the garage if I ever want to bring it back to original.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 pm

I still think it needs a big block Very Happy

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 am

I remember reading, either on here or CT, that someone bought a new carpet from one company and it was just a tad too short from side to side and they sent it back and bought a carpet made by someone else and it was oversize on the sides so you could do your own cutting to fit. That little bit of info may come in handy when you look for a carpet for a 4 door car. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

Rago wrote:Kyle, I cut all of my dashes. Very Happy

x2 - Do it right and it looks great.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:47 am

I agree. And it works better on some cars, than on others. If I did it to my Monte Carlo, it would look odd, since it's original. But, if your car is as modified as 383's(dude, tell us your name so we don't have to wall you 383 all the time lmao) it doesn't look as out of place. I like all of my car's original, so I don't see myself ever cutting a dash.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 am

Bryan Grove & my car is a badass feature car..... twice!
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Fixed it for ya 383........
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Rago wrote:
lars wrote:I should also rebuild the carberator because as it turns out, my transmission has been rebuilt(pretty sure) because it will chirp second gear, and it is an automatic!

Be thankful. The 305 in my 76 wouldn't even "chirp" the tires from a hard take off while going uphill. True story. That motor was reliable, but so anemic I couldn't deal with it anymore.

Very Happy
My 78 Elky broke down 300 miles from home and I had to have the whole engine rebuilt. Well, when you are that far from home you have to take who you can get to get the job done. Turned out it was a grade D outfit in Valprazia (spelling) Indianaand they built the engine way too tight. It overheats to this day, but is acceptable as long as I am expecting it. It has loosened up a lot. When I first got it back you could not spin the wheels from a dead stop with it floorboarded. Its a 350. Now, with about 40,000 miles on it, it will burn the back tires pretty good. I said "pretty good" not "383 great". JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 pm

My 305 was just old. When I pulled it, nothing had ever been cracked open with over 100,000 miles on the odo. Smoked a little on start up, but that's it. I thought it had a knock, but discovered loose torque converter bolts when it came out. It had no power at all, but I wouldn't be afraid to throw it back in & drive another 100,000 miles..... if I didn't care about power.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for fixing my post Rago. HA!

When I took my original motor out, it had 350,000 miles on it and was still running great. Even blasted a 17.6 at 87mph in the quarter! Talk about a fast car! Looked at the motor yesterday while at my parents' place. Even though it'll never be put back in the car, I can't seem to part with that 2-bolt main.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Drive my old Plymouth then talk about lack of power. Lmao.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 pm

I got everyone beat for slowness. 64hp (factory rated), smokes due to chunk missing in piston ring land so probably 40ish hp if I'm lucky. It was turning 33x12.50 tires, barely. I drove it about a week or so before I had enough. When it goes back on the road, I plan on smaller tires & a lot more power. That was just ridiculous.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:12 am

Rago wrote:I got everyone beat for slowness. 64hp (factory rated), smokes due to chunk missing in piston ring land so probably 40ish hp if I'm lucky. It was turning 33x12.50 tires, barely. I drove it about a week or so before I had enough. When it goes back on the road, I plan on smaller tires & a lot more power. That was just ridiculous.
So until you get your Samuri back on the road my 110hp (when new) Ranger is the slowest. Not the least powerful though, BlackchevelleSS's Geo has me beat there. Laughing
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 am

Malicruiser wrote:
Rago wrote:I got everyone beat for slowness. 64hp (factory rated), smokes due to chunk missing in piston ring land so probably 40ish hp if I'm lucky. It was turning 33x12.50 tires, barely. I drove it about a week or so before I had enough. When it goes back on the road, I plan on smaller tires & a lot more power. That was just ridiculous.
So until you get your Samuri back on the road my 110hp (when new) Ranger is the slowest. Not the least powerful though, BlackchevelleSS's Geo has me beat there. Laughing
The sad part of my Rangers 110hp is that's not much less than what my chevelle was making when it was new! Sad
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:35 am

Malicruiser wrote:

Probably so but I know your ranger wont even get close to keeping up with my 90hp. but you wont be able to say that in about a week cause my new engine is 140hp without the turbo, hope I can get 180-190hp with the small amount of boost.

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:
your ranger wont even get close to keeping up with my 90hp.....
You do realize I just made the point that my Ranger is by far the slowest vehicle driven by any of us on here right now.? scratch
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 am

Dan, you're sounding more & more like a ricer every day! LMFAO!!!!

Yeah, I'm wanting to go forced induction on the Sammy as well. Hopefully I'll be making 100hp, probably still be slower than a Ranger though. Then again, who needs speed when you can crawl over anything? Wink
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Rago wrote:Dan, you're sounding more & more like a ricer every day! LMFAO!!!!

Yeah, I'm wanting to go forced induction on the Sammy as well. Hopefully I'll be making 100hp, probably still be slower than a Ranger though. Then again, who needs speed when you can crawl over anything? Wink
I have a lot of plans for my Ranger, I'm going to build it into a streetable Prerunner style. For now it's going to stay stock until I have something else I can drive while working on the Ranger, well I may fix a couple of styling problems but that's it for now. Man that's a sweet ride you got there, your much better off than I was at 15 I had to drive a minivan! Laughing
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Ricer ha I still have a more muscle cars than alot of the so called "non ricers"

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:06 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:Ricer ha I still have a more muscle cars than alot of the so called "non ricers"
Yeah Yeah we all know!!!! I'm glad I don't have a complex about being out muscle car'ed, but your garage just might start one though. Suspect

Ricer = Turd
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:Ricer ha I still have a more muscle cars than alot of the so called "non ricers"

Yeah you do have some sweet rides, but I think I'm tied on # of muscle cars. When you gonna finish your DD & return to big block land? Looks like the GEO motor was pretty much complete from your recent pics.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 am

Who cares when I finish the geo ive been DDing the chevelle Very Happy

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:10 am

Thumbs up Hell yeah! Wait.... which one?

I wish I could be driving one of my Chevelles. I'm so damn frustrated with all of these projects sitting around my garage area I'm about to start throwing scrap prices on everything in my way.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am

Rago wrote:Thumbs up Hell yeah! Wait.... which one?

I wish I could be driving one of my Chevelles. I'm so damn frustrated with all of these projects sitting around my garage area I'm about to start throwing scrap prices on everything in my way.

you could always throw one my way i always have room for more projects Razz Razz
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Not my car projects. Although getting a couple of my brother's cars out of the way would be nice. I got 2 go karts, 2 three wheelers, a snowmobile, & a water scamp all needing fixed. Technically the snowmobile is just an engine donor for one of the go karts, but it's still in my way.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next