G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

+8
lars
knightfan26917
BlackChevelleSS
Malicruiser
74MonteCarlo
JB2wheeler
coreys73chevelle
dragons_lair59
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Empty Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

Post by lars Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Then I washed it and it looks great!Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Dscn1913

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Dscn1914

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Dscn1915

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Dscn1916
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Empty Re: Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

Post by The Dude Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Is that the original paint job? It polishes up nicely. Thumbs up
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu Empty Re: Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu

Post by lars Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes, It is the original paintjob, the funnything is that I didn't even polish it, I need to get polish. Thats just a soap and water wash and a rinse
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:48 pm

That is one nice looking car! Wanna trade for a 2 door hardtop Furd? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm

bring it to bristol and ill trade 97 expidition for it lol but im serious too
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:57 pm

lol first everone on here hates the color green and hates quad headlights then you guys say its real nice looking and want to trade for it scratch Laughing

and personally i think the car is nice as hell lookin good for the origional paint that one was definately taken care of
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Dude...that is one sweet ride!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 pm

thanks guys, but i would never trade. some info: 92k miles, fully loaded from the factory (air conditioning, power windows, power seats)
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:07 pm

77malibu77 wrote:lol first everone on here hates the color green and hates quad headlights then you guys say its real nice looking and want to trade for it scratch Laughing

and personally i think the car is nice as hell lookin good for the origional paint that one was definately taken care of

Now you're over-generalizing. 73Monte454 can't stand green cars, while I like them. I don't care for quad headlights as much as real Chevelles, but I's still own one for a cruiser. Look back at some posts about 4 months ago & you will find out that Limey & myself were actually checking into buying matching 1977 Chevelle SE cars. (If you don't know what an SE is, look on the site for info)
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:11 pm

I love green cars, too.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:29 pm

i like green too favorite green car is a 70 chevelle SS with white stripes they look sick like that
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Nice car LARS, any plans for it?
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 am

yes, I am going to get it to be street legal, then I am going to get a job. After that I will restore it
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:13 pm

lars wrote:yes, I am going to get it to be street legal, then I am going to get a job. After that I will restore it

doesnt look like it needs much restoring you dont have a picture of the engine do u? what motor is it running?
and congratulations on your first car my first car was a 81 elky when i was 15 but im 17 now (for one more month) and i own a 76 elky and 77 malibu. so good luck with your first car looks good not often you see a perfect 73-77 4 door definately one of a kind
and dont worry your not the only one without a job but heads up ive been applying everywhere for 3 months straight and i give up im waiting one more month til im 18 and ill have a better chance at getting a job, auto zone here i come lol tongue
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:14 pm

and also you have a picture of the interior/ rear end i think you might have posted it on a different topic but im a little stressed out right now to go check haha
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Cool 4 door, needs a cage anda bigblock Twisted Evil

Finally unearthed my old '76 Malibu SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 pm

77, I started working when I was 12. I got a mower & started off that way. By the time I was 16, I was working a full time job, a part time job, still mowing, & going to school. I dropped mowing for a while so I could party more, but even now I mow to make extra money. Just three yards brings in an extra couple hundred a month & one that I had last year paid $90 every week. I'm now teaching my 7 year old the same values so he has his own money. Jobs are easy to find if you know where to look. Guess times have changed since I was a kid.

Lars, I'm curious to find out what needs restored as well. That car just looks so clean from the outside you'd never know it needs anything.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:54 pm

yeah guess im just lazy, im more intrested in trying to get set up to go back to school cuz i already have my ged and im going to get my aa degree in aeronotical engineering because im good at math and i also just got a $5,500 grant for school!
the day i turn 18 im buying my own blunts and that week im going job hunting first stop is auto zone cuz one of my teachers from high school works there and i will have a good chance at a job
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Yea I do have a pic of the interior but not of the engine yet, (don't really know why, kinda weird.) It has a stock 305, V8 obviously. What needs restoring.... : paint job, the rear trunk lid has the paint rusting off, fenders, not really that much because it is very clean but a little bondo, air conditioning recharge.., inside carpeting is junk..., needs new exhaust, (i might put dual), remove the cadillidic converter(not needed for the year, and just suffocating the engine), needs new radio.., and NOT really neccisary but i will do is: restore the landaeu top, and carberator rebuild. I think that sums up all the problems.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Cats=GARBAGE. I put dual exhaust on my 74 Monte Carlo. Love it. Do NOT cut the original radio holes. I did on my 74 Chevelle when I was your age, and regretted it until the day it got stolen. Either put a classic radio in, or mount one in the glove box or under the dash.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

lars wrote:Yea I do have a pic of the interior but not of the engine yet, (don't really know why, kinda weird.) It has a stock 305, V8 obviously. What needs restoring.... : paint job, the rear trunk lid has the paint rusting off, fenders, not really that much because it is very clean but a little bondo, air conditioning recharge.., inside carpeting is junk..., needs new exhaust, (i might put dual), remove the cadillidic converter(not needed for the year, and just suffocating the engine), needs new radio.., and NOT really neccisary but i will do is: restore the landaeu top, and carberator rebuild. I think that sums up all the problems.

i need to rebuild my carb too it takes like 5 min to warm up lol and i would not reccomend putting the landau top on
but heres an idea that i am doing to mine down the road, you should just get a bunch of pictures together with the landau top on a 4 door and paint the landau top on instead of putting the actual vinyl water trap on there unless you want to fix all the rust in about 20 years study
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Cats=GARBAGE. I put dual exhaust on my 74 Monte Carlo. Love it. Do NOT cut the original radio holes. I did on my 74 Chevelle when I was your age, and regretted it until the day it got stolen. Either put a classic radio in, or mount one in the glove box or under the dash.
I would never cut the two-column, It is too awesome to do that to, I wan this really nice two-column with the chevy emblem on it, but im not sure. ($250)
I should also rebuild the carberator because as it turns out, my transmission has been rebuilt(pretty sure) because it will chirp second gear, and it is an automatic!
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:31 pm

lars wrote:I would never cut the two-column

You're a good kid! LOL. I already like ya Laughing

Breaks my heart to see a cut up dash...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:45 pm

lars wrote:I should also rebuild the carberator because as it turns out, my transmission has been rebuilt(pretty sure) because it will chirp second gear, and it is an automatic!

Be thankful. The 305 in my 76 wouldn't even "chirp" the tires from a hard take off while going uphill. True story. That motor was reliable, but so anemic I couldn't deal with it anymore.

Kyle, I cut all of my dashes. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Your dash, do what ya want.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next