G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :)

+6
Laguna Budman
Roadcaptain S3
74Malibu383
JB2wheeler
The Dude
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
10 posters

Go down

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :) Empty My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :)

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:48 am

Here you go Rago. I know I've been promising this for a while, but I finally got the time to get it done. This was my mom's daily driver (my dad had a work truck) for years. I know this photo was taken in Tucson AZ, but I don't have any other details. I think that was my uncle's Camaro, so I'll assume it was in front of his house. If you're wondering why it looks like a monster truck, it's because my old man put big block springs in it. We towed a camping trailer, and he loved dirt roads...... Ground clearance. This thing has probably been on every dirt road in AZ.

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :) Chevel10

I'll post some more oldies when I can.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :) Empty Re: My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :)

Post by The Dude Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:56 am

Beer Sure has come a long way! Thanks.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :) Empty Re: My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :)

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:12 pm

it sure has come a long way, thank you for sharing this with us, it still looked pretty sharp back then i might add.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 pm

very nice brother

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Sure would have been nice to have this site 12 years ago when I first started working on it!!!! Never even met another G3 owner till I found this site.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 pm

That ain't a joke! I can't tell you how many times I needed a part on Black Sunshine (old 76) but no one could help out. Still get the whole "what kind of car is that?" & "There were Chevelles built after 72?". I thank Dan for starting this site, PHR for featuring our cars, guys like you for building excellent examples, & also Doc & Spiral for getting the ball rolling in the first place! Back in the late 90's their site was the ONLY place to get information about the post-72 Chevelles.

Also very grateful that the aftermarket has stepped up now that I'm building two more G3's. Drinking Party
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Beer All the way around.

You did forget to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet though. Smile
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:Beer All the way around.

You did forget to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet though. Smile
You just caused me to get choked because I was laughing so hard. I guess the reason was because you took me by surprise with that. Your car is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks JB!
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Yeah, that car is awesome!

Hard to believe it's the same, ride.

Good inspiration for me, seeing what can be done with a little hard work and patience.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:38 pm

It looks great now but even for back then I think it looked bad A@#!!!
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 pm

There is a guy here in Rapid City that has a 75 with a stance like that and it looks great. I've talked to him but he has no intrest in our website as of yet.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:41 pm

What a cool pic! Love old school pics like that - especially when they are before and after! Sure has come a long way, as stated many times! Love it man. Sweet.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:37 am

I love old car pics like that, I got one of my dads camaro back in the 70s that I think it cool but I didnt want to post it on your build thread.

Your car has come a long way from where it was originally, its amazing that your family has held onto the car for so long.

Thanks Rago, I created the site for the users and my inspiration was from old maligoon aka limey. All the BS on CT he caused LOL

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :) SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:

Thanks Rago, I created the site for the users and my inspiration was from old maligoon aka limey. All the BS on CT he caused LOL

Gee thanks Balck I am glad I inspire you for greatness LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 am

hey I put you in charge on day one so everyone should thank limey for running the site for so long as well. cheers

My ride in 1978 - Original project Brown Eye. :) SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 am

thanks Boss I am trying, sometimes need a kik in the arse but for the most part still kikin

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 am

74Malibu383 wrote:I'll post some more oldies when I can.

GOOD! I love seeing old pictures like that. Very cool ... thanks for sharing that one. Wink

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It was worth all the while" ... Green Day ... 'Time Of Your Life'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down