G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer coming to a close and School starting up Check in where your at

+5
Keith Seymore
knightfan26917
Hawk03
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Limey SE
9 posters

Go down

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  Empty Summer coming to a close and School starting up Check in where your at

Post by Limey SE Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:59 am

Like the Title says Summer is drawing closer to a close and Most Kids go back to school, Post TWO PICTURES only showing where your at Getting ready for winter storage or Keeping the Build going

Most of all Just Check in to see who is who and Say Hello .....

Anthony is Name and restoring an SE is my game LOL  I have added Monte Carlo turn signals and a new to me front Bumper, rear is right next to it waiting in wings, due to the Dam Covid19 frying my lungs for 6 months I was not able to get the 454 swapped in nor the Chevelle painted, I'm almost all off the oxygen now just a few nights needed but that too is improving, So started a Garage even though just a portable one it still will Keep SE out of element's I am gonna still try to at least update the rear suspension shocks springs and Am also currently working on the Stripes recreating them.

Wanna Know more go to my Build thread, AND ALSO FOR THOSE that have NOT started a Build thread I would love to see your ride started in there Whether complete or just starting Get a Build thread of past pics or current ones and thank you for taking the time to read this Far, God Bless Now POST THEM 2 Pictures and start a Build thread

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  22193312
Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  2310

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

knightfan26917 and Snowy like this post

Back to top Go down

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  Empty Re: Summer coming to a close and School starting up Check in where your at

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:22 pm

The SE is looking better all the time! Glad to hear you are going to keep it out of the weather. That will make your life a lot easier while you're restoring it. And its just too rare to leave it outside anyways. Also good to hear that you're almost back to 100%.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  Empty Re: Summer coming to a close and School starting up Check in where your at

Post by Hawk03 Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:36 pm

Moved back to Iowa last month, went to a car show a few weeks ago. Going on a cruise this weekend. I'll probably put more miles on my car this summer than the last four years combined.

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  Dscn0410
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Limey SE, knightfan26917, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm

I'm still in NE IL ... but the remaining member of my former MC family is sitting in a friend's barn near Effingham IL (4-5 hours south, depending on traffic). Was hoping to be able to bring it up here, but ... so far, no go.

Cort, pig & cow valves with pacemaker
2003 MGM LS + 1981 cmc SC; want 1975 Chrysler Cordoba
"Something's wrong in the world today" | Aerosmith | 'Living On The Edge'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Limey SE and g3chevy / Mr Pontiac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:31 am

I think I did an update in a one of the other threads, but by way of review:

First outing was Atlanta, held the second weekend in April. Not sure what I expected but it was hot. Hot hot.

I was all out of sorts: left the house later than expected, got to the track later than expected, which committed me to run a class quicker than I should have. The car really wanted to go between high 10 teens and low 10.20's - which just wasn't enough.

My three run average for True Street was 10.17 (which just wasn't enough for the 10.00 index). Same story for Nostalgia Muscle Car eliminations: I cut a Perfect Light but the car went 10.21 on a 10.00 index - which just wasn't enough.

Next up was Gateway Raceway in Madison Illinois, last weekend of May.

Holy Cow! what a different story. The "air" was phenomenal. Like "so perfect" it drew attention to itself. I don't think I've every raced in such air, and certainly not with this new motor.

I uncorked a string of 9.80 runs which, since the car is legal to 10.00, got me in trouble with the tech officials. After a couple detailed conversations we agreed that if I would wear the appropriate clothing (SFI 3-2A/5 jacket and pants, gloves, shoes and neck brace, as opposed to my usual 3-2A/1 pants and jacket only) they would give me a "one race waiver" on the car (cage and window net).

With that newfound liberty I was able to slow the car closer to 10.00 without the fear of getting thrown out.

End result: I won the True Street 10 second index with a 9.96, a 10.06 and a 10.02 for a 10.02 average. Also went a couple rounds in the Nostalgia category so I can conclude that a good time was had by all.

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  Attachment

Next up:   Martin Michigan - July 23-25.  It was hot again, so the car wanted to go mid 10.20's.  I chose the "B" index for my Nostalgia Class (10.25) and was dead on....until.....I broke the trans.  My competition broke in Round 1, so I advanced to round 2 on a bye.  For round 2 I went up and staged the car, hoping my competitor would foul in some way (Narrator:  he didn't) but by then it would barely move under its own power.

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  Attachment

As of last night the trans has been freshened up and reinstalled.  I ran it in the garage and the wheels go round, so after lashing the valves and some other maintenance I'll get it on the road and see how it does.

Remainder of the season:

Norwalk Ohio - August 27-29 (I have to skip this one because my daughter is getting married in my back yard)

Indianapolis - September 24-26

Woodward Dream Cruise is officially this Saturday (although informally started last weekend) but most of that duty falls upon the Grand Prix.

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Keith, running sub 10 seconds is insane for these big cars! That had to be an absolute blast. Thanks for getting some much deserved recognition for these awesome A bodies! Keep us posted on your Indianapolis runs.

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:02 pm

That is so cool Keith. For someone to take one of these cars, and run  those kind of numbers, in full street trim, on all motor is an accomplishment for sure. I love it. You have fine tuned everything on and in your car to work together as a well oiled machine. Nothing against turbos or blowers, those can both make gobs of power, to do this with only one carb and no giggle juice either. Only one word for what you have done. WOW!
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:05 pm

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  18246812
Just out driving the wheels off of mine. Plotting and planning what project to do to it next spring.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Well, I am about to disappear for a few months on another crazy job. When I emerge I am going to buy a few sets of tires and and finish up the Laguna. I hope they let me go in a few months. Last time they kept me for a year.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Limey SE and g3chevy / Mr Pontiac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Congrats Keith on the 9 second Barrier Looks like you got some Planning over the winter whether you want to step up to 8.5 or 9 sec sec car legalities for Car and other equipment

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Take care RevinKevin. You know where to find all the crazy people. Very Happy
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Thanks. Where I am now seems to have a Monopoly on crazy. I will be checking in from time to time. I haven’t given up on finishing my Laguna before years end.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:01 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:Thanks. Where I am now seems to have a Monopoly on crazy. I will be checking in from time to time. I haven’t given up on finishing my Laguna before years end.

I won't let you forget your Laguna. I'll haunt you like a bad burrito if you do.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:52 pm

ooohhhh Maan a Bad Burrito YOU BETTER get it done man

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Hey Limey, come down to Houston and eat a burrito from a food truck. You will definitely understand that statement.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:17 pm

No No No already have eaten Military Burritos soooooo I am good brother

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:23 pm

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  218870311_4277220545657085_4361539361197397918_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=x0L71SBUESwAX8PQ-z3&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

fasrnur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:33 pm

That’s awesome for Keith. I think that I read somewhere that his car has a hot cam kit. Good luck and make us proud!
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:39 pm

HE WONT BE AT NORWALK His daughter is getting married in His Backyard that weekend

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:48 pm

Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  20200422
Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  20200423
Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  20200514

I looked at the picture of your car in the garage up on the air once again. It appears that you do like I do. All my own work in a small place. These are what I made last year and use them all the time. When on all 4, I could take the trans out without any problems. In the bottom picture if you look close, you'll notice that there is a small 3 tall extention(?) to get it up just a little more. lol
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Good job. When my neighbors saw this they freaked out.
Summer coming to a close and School starting up  Check in where your at  0813f810
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:03 pm

So much rain this summer. I really didn't use my cars much. Didn't do anything to them aside from some maintenance. Really wasn't good here at all. It went by in a blink of an eye too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:26 pm

I have been very busy this summer plus so I haven't got to do many projects on the Malibu.  I have driven it quite a bit and plan to keep doing so into the fall.  I had quite the fiasco getting new tires this year.  Long story short, I had to bring the tires back to the shop 4 times.  First time to get them rebalanced after the stick on weights fell off, second time to rebalance again because they vibrated, then replaced all 4 under warranty because they still couldn't balance and then I had a blow out because they didn't replace my valve stems and one failed on the highway.  I also got that tire replaced.  Finally the tires seem good, but what a brutal experience.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:39 pm

Man, that’s tuff. I hate spending money on new junk. I’m going through that with my new electrical fans. The new controller failed the first time I used the fans on my first start up. It just makes a humming noise. I had to make a jumper to turn them on. I called Derale and said that the controller fails sometimes. What? The first time that I use it? Yes, sometimes. Nice. Do you guys sell crankshafts? I want to buy one of those from you so I can take my complete engine apart after the first start. Silence on the phone. I think I just started ranting. Back to the tires; sorry to hear that. Good luck.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down