G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.

2 posters

Go down

will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.  Empty will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.

Post by Marshall.Pixley Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 pm

and this will be the first forum i post pictures of the project on!
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.  Empty Re: will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.

Post by pila Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 pm

What year is your 327 Marshall ?? Before '68 they had a small journal crank, and the '68-up large journal block will accept a 350 crank.
The 327 was a good engine in my book. In '64 my two pals and I bought a new 365 HP 327 for a '55 Chevy drag car, and it was a strong runner. Of course we did a lot of mods to it, like aluminum rods Isky roller cam, etc.before we ran it.
What ratio rear gears are you using ?

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.  Empty Re: will soon be starting to put a built 327 in my 73 elk.

Post by Marshall.Pixley Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:06 am

it is one my dad and me built years ago and i dont remember the year, but it was putting down 420hp to the rear wheels of my old 1972 chevy truck. was quick. and now im refreshing the gaskets and putting it in my el camino.
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down