G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOS GM Bumper Antenna

5 posters

Go down

NOS GM Bumper Antenna Empty NOS GM Bumper Antenna

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Okay...how many on here are just dying to put this classy accessory on their ride? Remember these from back in the day?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-GENUINE-GM-ACCESSORY-CB-BUMPER-ANTENNA-MOUNT-KIT-73-75-C-K-TRUCK-CARS-994465/113664835559?fits=Model%3AChevelle&epid=28029724885&hash=item1a76f3bfe7:g:cNAAAOSwohVcdEKu🇸🇨USPSPriority!55123!US!-1

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

NOS GM Bumper Antenna Empty Re: NOS GM Bumper Antenna

Post by thatfnthing Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:50 am

I am ashamed now to admit that back then I thought a pair of whips (quarter mounted anyway) would look cool on the Monte.  Luckily time and money did not permit until after I came to my senses.

In my defense, I was young and foolish then.  Now I am no longer young. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm

CB's were big around the time I first got my drivers license (remember the Convoy song) one of the first things I bought for my 73 Dodge Dart Swinger was a CB at Pamida Superstore for $18.99. I got a bumper mounted CB antenna at a local junk yard off a tow truck that was long enough it curved up then down to my front bumper where I had it fastened with a plastic coated hook.... It looked ridiculous when I think about it now. It didn't last long though I must have talked to the wrong girl at a after football game party out in a farmers field because when I got back to my car someone broke it off. After I saved up some money ($3.35 hr pumping gas) I went with a magnetic mount antenna that I could put in my trunk every time I left my car.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Yeah...I had the base attached to the lip of the trunk lid with removable antenna mast for my CB. Every once in a great while I'll stumble upon a car in the JY's that still have one on the trunk lid. Man...CB's were so cool to have back then!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm

I have an nos GM Magnetic trunk mount antenna with a nos GM phone style CB. I might place the magnet on for some of the car shows this year. Smile
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Man would love to have one of them Phone CBs but way to pricey for me

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE