G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces.

2 posters

Go down

Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces. Empty Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces.

Post by Oidar Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:47 am

I need the bumper filler panel that goes all the way across the back of the car between the rear bumper and the body. Mine got brittle and is crumbling apart right under the license plate. I've seen used ones for sale that say they're in "excellent condition", but is another 34 year old part really going to be any better that mine? Wouldn't the same thing happen to it?

Is this part available from an aftermarket source?

Also, my rubber bumper insert strips are all black with what looks like mold. I don't know if I could ever expect to get them white again. And lastly the rubber pads on the bumper guards need to be replaced as well.

I'm going to go spelunking at the junk yard this weekend, but I really don't expect to find much.

Anyone know of any place to find these things?
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces. Empty Re: Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces.

Post by jonny o Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:29 pm

My rear bumper insert from a 76 malibu is coming out over the winter. If you still need the dead weight then, let me know.

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces. Empty Re: Source for rear bumper filler panel & rubber bumper pieces.

Post by Oidar Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks. Is it white? Good condition?

I don't think it'll hurt my E/T too much. I've got the biggest "dead weight" problem in the left front seat. ;-)
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down