G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chip Foose Overhaulin' '77 El Camino

+6
74Malibu383
74MonteCarlo
Roadcaptain S3
bluemonte87
The Dude
1973 454 MONTE
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chip Foose Overhaulin' '77 El Camino - Page 3 Empty Re: Chip Foose Overhaulin' '77 El Camino

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:

I would recommend saving up and having Just Dashes fix it the right way. They strip every dash down to the shell and rebuild them by hand. They're pricy, but they come back looking better than they did from the factory.

yeah i agree with you there, im actually going to run over and look at a dash a guy has today, he says its got a couple minor cracks but nothing big, better than mine either way, mines practially caved in on the top from all the dry rot.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Chip Foose Overhaulin' '77 El Camino - Page 3 Empty Re: Chip Foose Overhaulin' '77 El Camino

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Before spending any money buying a replacement dash from this guy, keep in mind that Just Dashes will repair that for you as well. Just don't want you throwing away a couple bills for something just a little bit better...
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm

what do you guys think a fiberglass dash sprayed in black would look like ?? it would always be shiny would never have to armor all it and it would out last anything I know of.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 pm

I personally like the "original" vinyl look. To each their own though.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm

well couldnt you make the vinyl pattern in the fiberglass when its drying?? or use a piece of material as your final layer to get the pattern of vinyl ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 pm

I suppose you could. Still not loving the gloss black....
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:22 pm

I like the fiberglass dashes, u can trick them out in many ways if ur into the custom look.

what about a dull clear coat?
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:13 am

thats what i was thinking a flat black but then clear it with the top layer being the vinyl look to it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 pm

One of the spray paint can makers(Duplicolor, or etc.) has wrinkle paint available. It might look good. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:34 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:Before spending any money buying a replacement dash from this guy, keep in mind that Just Dashes will repair that for you as well. Just don't want you throwing away a couple bills for something just a little bit better...

he only wants fifty bucks for it, if it only has a couple small cracks, i may be able to repair it myself, my girlfriends dad may be able to help me, he mad a custom dash for his 70 chevelle that looks pretty nice, i figure for only 50 bucks i cant really go wrong if the damage is minimal, plus he also has the ever elusive storage box that goes behind the drivers seat in the elco which i need badly and he only wants fifty bucks for that as well.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3