G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting for VOLNUT

5 posters

Go down

Posting for  VOLNUT Empty Posting for VOLNUT

Post by Limey SE Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Hey guys, about to start a 73 chevelle SS build, I had a question about the right torque converter stall, I have a 350 sbc with mild comp cam, th350, and 3.42 gears. 26 inch diameter tires. Been researching for a while and can't come up with the answer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Posting for  VOLNUT Empty Re: Posting for VOLNUT

Post by alowerlevel Sat May 05, 2018 11:35 pm

All depends, whats the specs on the cam and the rest of the motor, and what do you want out of the car?  (ie, track, street, 50/50 etc)

Me personally ill never have anything less than a 2800-3000 converter in any car i own.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 am

The best way to pick a convertor is not to listen to everyone here or any other place. The BEST way to pick one is to call a convertor company and give them all the specs. The same convertor will stall different in all cars.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by zot Sun May 06, 2018 6:54 am

I agree with fasrnur. I was wanting something that was good for everyday driving but would give me a better launch from the light. Summit and Jegs tech lines were somewhat helpful but still a bit vague to base a decision on.

ACC Performance Products has a converter selection PDF that you can download and fill out. I emailed it to them and after a few emails for some additional information I got some specific suggestions. Nelson Gill, the company president, handled my questions himself. He offered to talk me over the phone but I was sick at the time and had lost my voice for a few days.
zot
zot
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Sun May 06, 2018 9:04 am

Agree with zot. I filed out the ACC form on their site around 7:00 in the evening - 15 minutes my phone rang Mr. Gill had a couple of more questions for me then gave me the recommendation over the phone!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down