G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1975 Laguna Type S-3 in MI

+7
Dinomyte
1975 S3
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
pila
Mcarlo77
thatfnthing
Limey SE
11 posters

Go down

1975 Laguna Type S-3 in MI Empty 1975 Laguna Type S-3 in MI

Post by Iggy Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 am

Late this fall I purchased a 1975 Laguna and promptly put it in storage for the winter so I do not have any good photos right now. The car is originally from CA and has not been altered, but it has been in Michigan for over a decade. One of my first vehicles was a 1977 Monte Carlo purchased in 1979 - drove that car for almost 10 years and well over 100,000 miles, I always liked the ride and handling. I have dabbled in a lot of other late 60's early 70's cars and square body trucks but wanted to get back into a 1973-1977 mid-size. We had a Corvette that was fun to drive, but my wife did not like how someone always seem to tailgate us when we were out. I sold the Corvette and bought a 1969 Grand Prix - great straight line car and wonderful power, but still did not have the ride and handling of my old MC. My son talked me out of the GP since he used it in his wedding and it had sentimental value to him. That is when I saw a 1975 Laguna up for sale, I always considered it as a cross between a Chevelle and a Camaro with hints of the Monte Carlo thrown in. Even with the worn springs and dry rotted tires it rode and drove nice. I left minus some cash, but with a title and Laguna on a trailer.

At some point is will need a total restoration, for now I may work the bugs out and drive like it is. The engine does rattle a bit telling me it is time for a rebuild but I always have a small block "shop engine" laying around to put in a car or truck if needed. When I pull it out again in the spring we will look closer at what needs to be done.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

1975 Laguna Type S-3 in MI Empty Re: 1975 Laguna Type S-3 in MI

Post by Limey SE Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 am

welcome aboard Iggy (cool name btw) You will find alot of nice people here

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Welcome!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Iggy is the nickname I picked up in the Air Force when I was a fly boy.

When looking up info for engines and such for my trucks I would run across this site, easy decision to join after I bought the Laguna!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Glad to have another '75 S-3 owner on here! Were you aware that according to a marketing survey done in 2002, there were only (16) remaining '75 S-3's registered in MI (401 nationwide)? Wonder how few are around now that it's 15 yrs later?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Welcome to the fun Iggy !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Number of us love these laguna's.. Great you have one...
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Welcome to the 75 Laguna club Iggy!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

1975 Laguna Type S-3 in MI Empty wowza!

Post by 1975 S3 Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:25 pm

S3SS wrote:Number of us love these laguna's.. Great you have one...

yes wow and welcome, another 75 is awesome
1975 S3
1975 S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:25 pm

76 actually.Same front end
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:41 pm

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome, been looking through a lot of the threads the past week and it looks like a very helpful group! I like that what I have looked through was completely void of hostility and if there were any corrections, they were done politely. Sometimes folks disagree, that is normal - that fact that it is handled on an adult level impresses me, I truly believe I am in the right place to get good information on these cars.

A little more information on myself. I am educated as an Engineer, but because I chose to fly in the Air Force I never got around to doing any engineering. I ended up getting into Insurance and now own my own Independent Agency. I have owned more cars and trucks over the years than most could remember. I am reducing my inventory down to a 1978 C20 Silverado Camper Special, an absolute mint 1981 K5 Blazer (rolling chassis right now) and this 1975 Laguna. My wife really likes the Camper Special, the Blazer is being built for Michigan Upper Peninsula rock crawling and the Laguna will be for my enjoyment!

I hope I can contribute with my over 40 years experience working on cars and truck, and also gleaning some of the specific info on these models.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 am

Welcome to the site.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Iggy- A personal "Thank You" for buying a Chevelle Laguna Type S-3 car- these cars are not appreciated as they should be. As the end of the "Super Sport" legacy, you would think that they would be. After all it is still a Chevelle, and the sport model named after the Laguna Seca Raceway Called the Laguna Seca Super Sport -thus the Laguna S-3. And NASCAR drivers loved it until it was banned in 1977 then drivers used the Oldsmobile Cutlass. I am a proud owner of a loaded -all optioned 1975 except sky roof with a 400 small block-I have loved these cars since I saw my first '75 in a showroom, the same color that I have now, and thought that was the prettiest car that I had ever seen. A year before that, in high school, a kid in the school, had just bought a 74 White/maroon one, and every afternoon, I would just stand and watch that car pull out of the parking lot and watch it until it got out of sight. I had 2 76's but like the 75's best- the upper door panels in the 75 cars had the wood grain oval for the Nascar track design and the s-3 emblem in the middle-the 74 cars used the 73 SS design and the 76 cars had all the buttons like the Malibu Classic. Anyway I could ramble on-also have the Dealership promotional kit for the 1975 1/2 which includes 4'6 feet window posters-really neat-"just love these cars, again, thank You for getting one and being able to say...I've got one of these and you don't as you get it done and take it to shows-enjoy, and Thank You for "getting a "Guna"- Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Great story. Every time I'm at shows lots of people looking at, conversing and reciting memories... Its interesting though, a number of the same group of only my car lovers hardly take notice... My opinion - Why the hobby doesn't grow expenencially with another generation. Fools....Enjoy taking the vehicles out with the family when weather and time permits. Always meet great people Smile Any pics of your Laguna?
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:11 pm

On another note... I've never heard that definition of Laguna S-3 quite like that... "Laguna SECA SUPER SPORT " "Laguna S-3" Thanks
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Hey. I did a project in Die-Troit a few years ago. I found a '75 Laguna in a junk yard near Riga MI. Pretty rusty but it did have some parts. He still had the nose and all the pieces by the car. Welcome.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 am

Mitch, I remember them new in the showroom also, had my drivers permit when they came out and really liked the way the looked compared to the Malibu! Looked for one years ago, bought a 77 Monte Carlo as could not find one. Family has grown up and moved out and I was lucky enough to run into 3, all 75's. This one is a CA car (350 4bbl) and the body is solid, seats and dash are another story! I wanted. 75 because of the nose and door panels.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down