G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC

4 posters

Go down

RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC Empty RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC

Post by Birdman77 Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I am looking for a wheel opening molding for my 77 Malibu Classic, passenger side, rear. The car has the rocker panel moldings across the bottom. Any help would be so much appreciated! Any help obtaining the original GM part number would also be appreciated, may help me to try to locate the molding.
Birdman77
Birdman77
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC Empty Re: RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC

Post by 77camino Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:35 pm

I show 8706530 for the LR and 8706531 for the RR. I don't show any different numbers for the rear if it has rocker molding or not. Maybe someone else has different numbers that I'm not finding. I do show different numbers for the front if it does or does not have rockers. Also I'm showing the same rear numbers for the El Camino and Malibu. I thought they were different.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC Empty Re: RH REAR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING, 73-77 MALIBU CLASSIC

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Those numbers are for the longer moldings for cars without lower rocker moldings. Don't see why a person couldn't cut the forward end to fit, though.

The correct GM part numbers for cars with rocker moldings are:
#8706534 (RH)
#8706535 (LH)
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Mcarlo77, do you know if the El Camino and Malibu are the same? When I bought my nos set they were advertised as El Camino only.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Occasionally, The Parts Place seems to have a few pieces of those moldings. Might be worth a call to ask...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:35 pm

They are the same. I have the parts catalogue sheets that depict moldings on both vehicles.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdman77 Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks so much for the info all.
If I found a set of the longer ones and had to cut the leading end I would, but of course would rather find the exact replacement without having to cut........beggars can't be choosy though, right, lol!
If anyone finds (either one), RR, please let me know.....thx again!
Birdman77
Birdman77
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down