G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend!

+2
rosco77
Mcarlo77
6 posters

Go down

Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend! Empty Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend!

Post by Bret Mullikin Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

This is a good one. It always rains or snows beforehand to make the grounds really muddy. This year looks to be the same. I found the 1998 dash plaque in my glove compartment - it's so sad it's been that long since I've been there. I'll be there this year. Anybody else?

I noticed as I was getting the car ready that I needed new mufflers. I want a nice low mellow sound - absolutely nothing like the Hondas and Subarus the crazy kids are driving nowadays. I'd be happy to take suggestions on which kind to buy. Get your opinion in quick - I'll be putting them on soon.

Thanks
Bret Mullikin
Bret Mullikin
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend! Empty Re: Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend!

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:15 pm

I installed Dynomax Super Turbos on the Laguna.  No obnoxiously loud droning at speed...but, still offer a nice low rumble.  Seems to be a popular option across a broad spectrum of car owners if you read reviews.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend! Empty Re: Spring Jefferson Car Show in WI this weekend!

Post by rosco77 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 pm

I had Flowmaster 40s on my Suburban, but I came across a free glasspack. I wanted to go louder on that. Anyhow, the Flowmasters had a good rumble, but were kind of loud. Might not be what you're looking for, that's why I mention it. My dad put a cheaper set of turbo mufflers on my Malibu before I got it. It has a nice mellow tone, and low rumble without being too loud. I think he got them at O'Reiley's. YouTube has a number of videos of people showing off different mufflers. It'll give you an idea of what they might sound like.
rosco77
rosco77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:28 pm

I agree with Mcarlo77 in that if you want a nice mellow exhaust note without much if any drone, go with the DynaMax Super Turbos. I personally have the spin off of the Flowmasters, Thrush Welded mufflers. Not the quitest around town, but not bad at all on the highway.
The muffler I wish someone still made is the original turbo muffler. The Corvair Turbo muffler. 2 1/2" in and out. They were in my opinion, the best sounding muffler made.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Mullikin Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:18 pm

The weather is supposed to be so bad that I'm not going. I'm pretty disappointed.

I got kind of anxious and put a pair of Thrush turbos on because they were the only matching pair in town. It turns out that they were exactly what I had on before!

Let me know if any of you plan on attending any WI, Iowa, or MN car shows this year. I'm going to as many as I can.
Bret Mullikin
Bret Mullikin
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm

your about 2hours and Change from me and this Show with Several other Members Coming from Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana, And some fellow Cheddar Lovers

https://www.g3gm.com/t10885-all-out-call-out-can-show-and-first-ever-swap-meet

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Bret Mullikin wrote:The weather is supposed to be so bad that I'm not going.  I'm pretty disappointed.

I got kind of anxious and put a pair of Thrush turbos on because they were the only matching pair in town.  It turns out that they were exactly what I had on before!  

Let me know if any of you plan on attending any WI, Iowa, or MN car shows this year.  I'm going to as many as I can.

I attend just about all the shows in Wisconsin south of Dells, My next show is Automotion hope to see you there!
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down