G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body bushing kit from the parts place

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Body bushing kit from the parts place Empty Body bushing kit from the parts place

Post by wbaker01 Mon May 23, 2016 12:05 am

Guys,

Has anyone used the body bushing kit from The Parts Place and/or does it come with a diagram that shows which bushing goes where? I've studied their kit tonight, comparing it to my manuals, and can't make heads or tails out of what bushing (they sell in the kit) goes where..

Thanks!

Bill

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Body bushing kit from the parts place Empty Re: Body bushing kit from the parts place

Post by pila Wed May 25, 2016 12:11 am

I believe that the A body Factory Service manual has info on the location of the mounts....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Body bushing kit from the parts place Empty Re: Body bushing kit from the parts place

Post by Hs1973 Fri May 27, 2016 12:04 pm

It is not that hard. Most kits only include bushings for the body, not the radiator support. There is 4 bushings under the firewall, 2 on each side they are the biggest.

The rest sit Down the frame, there are usually 4 solid rubber ones, they go 2 in the middle of the frame under the doors and 2 on top of the frame, on the rear aksel support next to the springs.

The rest is a no brainer. Just remember to lube the bolts Real good and put all bolts in before you tighten any Down, you are good to go.
Hope this helps.

O and i have seen some cars that have regular bushings instead of solid rubbers under the doors in the middle of the frame. Just bevare that the bolts are not to long, they will go right trough the top of the sills.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Fri May 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Good point about the bushings. Bill Baker has that issue with the solid rubber mount under the middle of the door. My Laguna has a body mount there, solid rubber mount is by the kick up on the frame.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by wbaker01 Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Thanks for the info..

Had a few battles getting the body bolts loosened but not really too bad. I don't have the new bushings yet but this was a task that I had dreaded and by looking at a few of my current bushings, I should have done this years ago..

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat May 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Its not that bad to changes them out, when you first get into it. It makes your car feel a World better with new bushings.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down