G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polyurethane body bushing kit?

2 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Polyurethane body bushing kit? Empty Polyurethane body bushing kit?

Post by DaveFury Fri May 20, 2016 11:28 am

Did anyone ever have any luck w/ finding a Polyurethane body bushing kit? Fusick has rubber kits $279.00, link but I haven't been able to find any poly kits. Any ideas?

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Polyurethane body bushing kit? Empty Re: Polyurethane body bushing kit?

Post by chevellelaguna Fri May 20, 2016 1:08 pm

I went through that dilema recently. I bought a poly body mount kit from Energy Suspension. The mount bushings were not the same diameter as the originals. Plus they were shorter, didn't come with any inserts. Was going to be a pita to make them work. I ended up getting factory ones from Ground Up. I have poly bushings throughout the suspension, the factory body bushings lasted 40 years so I figured I'm good for my lifetime with a new set. Poly body mounts would be too stiff kinda overkill I think.
The Ground Up kit sells the rad support bushings seperately. They come with hardware, the rest of the body mount kit, the bolts and washers are separate. Ground Up sent me the wrong size bolt kit, I just ended up buying grade 8 bolts.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down