G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports stories/scandals

4 posters

Go down

Sports stories/scandals Empty Sports stories/scandals

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:03 am

Michael Vick just signed a one year deal to play for the Eagles. Apparently there are some very passionate arguments both for and against his return to the NFL.
Has he served his time and paid his debt? or should he be banished to outer Mongolia to coach pop warner teams in siberia?

University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino has been accused, and cleared, of raping a woman 6 years ago. This has all come out nationally because Federal Agents have charged her with extortion after she demanded 2 new cars, college educations for her kids, a house and $3000 a month for the rest of her life.
Another horrible sports figure out forcing himself on an innocent victim? Or a whack-job female who apparently thinks a night with her is worth a huge amount of money and property?

Both stories are currently running on fox sports and ESPN.com
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Sports stories/scandals Empty Re: Sports stories/scandals

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 am

Rick Patino was cleared of rape? ..or was it that nobody wanted to do anything about the most "famous" person in the city? Personally I think there is equal blame there and they both need to go to jail. Patino makes 2.5 millon or more a year and the librarians and janitors make $12,000 a year. He sure as ''el does no more work than the other employees at the U of L do! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 pm

I quit watching most sports for a few reasons:

1. Growing up I was a Dallas Cowboys fan. Of course we all know about the Irvin-coke deal, murder for hire, alleged rape, etc. that happened in the 90's. Then they signed Terrell Owens.... you know, the guy that danced on our star as a 49er? I still do watch occasionally.

2. I used to be a St. Louis Cardinals fan. Anybody remember Mark Mcguire? Yeah he was the guy that started the steroid home run race. I can't even enjoy the game anymore.

3. Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield's ear.

3. Look up Baylor University scandal..... OK, how about those college basketball players ehh?

4. And then there was Vick..... I've owned several game bred APBTs & realize how this breed was created, but I don't care for cruelty. I ride the fence on that subject. I don't want to get into a Pit Bull conversation because everyone seems to be a know it all, but no one knows anything (especially the idiots that think they are supposed to weigh 80+ lbs..... they're TERRIERS!). He served his time & lost almost everything, what more could anyone ask?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:09 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Rick Patino was cleared of rape? ..or was it that nobody wanted to do anything about the most "famous" person in the city? Personally I think there is equal blame there and they both need to go to jail. Patino makes 2.5 millon or more a year and the librarians and janitors make $12,000 a year. He sure as ''el does no more work than the other employees at the U of L do! JB

Pitino wasn't "cleared" of rape, but the Commonwealth's Atty refused to present the case for indictment stating that the prosecuting witness, Karen Sypher, "wasn't credible".
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Let's not forget the alleged rape happened 10 years ago... Why come forward now? Little strange if you ask me.

Just read this too...

" Karen Sypher, the woman who allegedly tried to extort $10 million from the Louisville coach, now says that she believes her husband -- Pitino's equipment manager -- was actually paid by Pitino to marry her, in a move to keep her quiet. She also says her husband, whom she's divorcing, helped federal authorities spy on her."

Whether he did it or not, this chick is a nut....
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down