G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill stories

+5
BlackChevelleSS
coreys73chevelle
1973 454 MONTE
JB2wheeler
IndyG3
9 posters

Go down

Kill stories Empty Kill stories

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

yea yea its a tad childish but I enjoy reading them sometimes. post up your street racing, stop light to stop light, highway battle, etc stories.

And dont post about something being illegal or I dont do that or I grew out of that, I dont wanna hear your sob stories about how you got no balls and is that corvette douche bag that thinks hes better than everyone else on the road. If I see any of this crap i will delete it!

Kill stories SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Kill stories Empty Re: Kill stories

Post by IndyG3 Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 am

This whole thread is childish, immature, and illegal! lol!

I have a confession to make. I was taking my brother's 95 'vette out for a spin and beat the crap out of our neighbor's Porche Boxter. It wasn't fair.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am

Dan you just earned some more street cred with this thread! I'm all about the kill stories. In a couple of weeks I have the feeling I'll be sharing a new one of my own...... we'll see. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:31 pm

not chilidish almost every forum has them BUT make it so that only some people can view this thread for safty...im on one forum where only members with 100+ post can view it

(stops police from logging in and seeing racing videos and licence plates)

on this site id say a member with 25 posts plus 2 street cred would be ok right?
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Got my MC to 120MPH on the highway here.

My dad and I kinda raced one day down the highway. I was in my Monte and he had his 70 Chevelle.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 pm

I used to have a 56 Chevy, see my http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19847223 and used to street race all the time. I have tons of stories. My Chevy was fast and I lived in the 'burbs and went downtown looking for kicks and pulled up to a red light beside some old black dude about 30 years old and he was in a big ole 1960 Mercury. I revved up my engine and look at the others in the car and snickered. When the light changed I quit laughing. Another time after I built my 54 Furd up with a 428 with a roller cam and 12 to 1 compression and 2 4s, I followed a couple of other guys who had a big bet on and on 9th street going south at 3 AM the guys lined up and I sat about 150 feet behind them and waited until they took off before I started following at full throttle. The winner of the race was in a 60 Oldsmobille and I never even stayed with either one of them. Needless to say, this happened about 50 years ago. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:41 am

Here's a quote from my thread of my 74 Monte, completely stock:

Well, tonight was another cruise with the local Lowriders, but it started at 8pm, and because of that (and the fact my memory stick was full in my camera), I don't have any pictures. But 10 cars showed up this time and we had a nice slow cruise through the city before stopping at our favorite American diner hangout called Pink Flamingo. So about two stoplights before the turnoff to the restaurant, a brand new Daytona (exactly like this one in every way http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve-brandon/433296991/ ) came up on us looking for some action. It was piloted by some young gangsters and it sounded mean. At the exact stoplight where we were all going to turn right, we lined up with the Daytona in the left lane, our Buick GS California in the middle lane, another one of our guys in the right lane and me in the far right lane. Instead of turning, I decided to go ahead and make his day, and gave it the gas. To my surprise, the Daytona wasn't able to pull away from my tail, and when I hit 2nd gear at about 60-70 mph, my Monte surged ahead and left him in the dust. At about 100 I let off and by that time he had given up. I went to the next gas station to turn around and join my mates for a late night bit to eat, and the Daytona came in and the guys in shock asked what I had and I replied, nothing much, just a stock 454 with highway gears. I love highway gears!! LOL. And to think that this car is way slower than my white 73... I'm still in shock that I blew away one of Detroit's finest, a new car, with an old heavy, out of shape Monte.

But since I have zero street cred, you can take it for what it's worth. Wink
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:52 am

About 1986,I had a 75 monte that was my first car. I buried the 100 speedo and broke it. So I bought a 120 speedo out of a j-yard. I took the monte for a ride and put the needle at "R" at the bottom of the speedo. My guess has always been about 140,, and never have done that again. Now adays in the 73,at 100 I still have pedal left,but not gonna try it.I'm too old.
Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:08 am

I work for a transport co,and we haul cars for alot of dealerships.The other day I had to take a mercedes to a dealer and pick up a jaguar.Not just any jag,but a 2009 JAGUAR XF 4DR SDN SUPERCHARGED.
Kill stories 09_jag10
It had a 170 speedo and while I was getting on the freeway I was doing 110.F'n car was awsome.
Kill stories 09_jag12
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Of course it was awesome. It's a Jaguar. I love Jags. Especially that XJS coupe they had. Cool

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Back when I first got my car, (350,350,one legger), I thought it was wicked fast and anytime it rained, I was out in full force! I was 16 and picked up my girlfriend's brother to show off. I pulled up to a 4-way stop sign in the neighborhood, slowly inched into the middle of the intersection, cranked the wheel to the left and floored it. I did 3 full rotations in the intersection, straightened it out and kept the gas to the floor. Since it was raining, I burned tire for about 1/8 mile before getting to the main road. I made a right, fish-tailed, made another right at the light, fish-tailed, made another right back into the neighborhood, fish-tailed again. After about 100 Feet, I saw a cop hauling @$$ behind me with his lights on. I pulled over, and he did a felony stop.... I almost soiled my 16 year old pants as he was walking up with his gun drawn. After he saw I was nothing more than a punk kid he calmed down a bit and asked what all the spinning of tires was about. I said, "I'm sorry sir, must have been the rain." Little did I know he was actually standing outside the house at the corner of my original doughnut shenanigans. He chased me for 3 miles without me knowing it. Gave me a reckless driving charge along with 3 others. I got lucky and the prosecutor let me off for a "noise ordinance" charge for the 8 times the officer mentioned me squealing my tires.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Haha! I got one similar. I was 17 in my old 76 when it happened though. I was a trouble maker always getting speeding tickets & one certain cop had it out for me & some of my buddies. For some reason he disliked me more than anyone. I somewhat posted the story once, so let me quote myself since I'm lazy:

(Taken from Mally-Mal's ECU thread)
Rago wrote:
74Malibu383 wrote:Have you ever driven/heard a car with open headers? As soon as you start it up in your garage, you'll know how long you can drive it that way. Just don't rev it up by a cop....

Dang skippy! It's the most beautiful sound I've heard, but you don't get the full effect unless you got high compression & a nice cam with 106 deg. lobe separation & at least 240 deg. duration @.050! Then take that bad boy down the highway at about 65-70 mph. You'll have a high pitched ring in your ears & your chest will be pounding, but it feels great!

I think with low compression & stock cam, you should be OK as long as you coast through town, try to stick to back roads if possible.

DISCLAIMER: I am an asshole. My first ticket was for exhibition of acceleration & eluding the police while driving on non-DOT approved tires (all I did was slap on a set of slicks & put the car sideways on main street, it just took a couple blocks to see the red & blue lights, lol). I have had numerous speeding & noise pollution tickets & I get a kick out of watching a cop trying to yell over a loud motor. I also enjoy rolling into the local drive through & having the order taker ask me to shut my car off because it's too loud. If none of this sounds comical to you, don't follow my advice on driving.

Basically, I decided to try out an old set of slicks & as I pulled onto main street from a side street, I let it all out & threw the car sideways not realizing my "cop buddy" was a block behind me. Head Bang I laid some beautiful rubber & it took about a minute before he cut through the smoke & I saw his cherries lit up. When he stopped me, he threw the book at me. He was smiling ear to ear when he got me. After that he liked to hang out in front of the HS when I was leaving, so some buddies & I decided to give him hell by messing with him...... A LOT..... we would come to school open headers, do multiple burnouts, & even once had a nice caravan of loud cars cruise to the local street race spot just to hang out for a few minutes. Eventually he gave up.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 pm

A year and a half later, I had just put the 4.10 Posi in the car and thought I was hot $..t. I laid two black strips all the way through an intersection and kept in it to 45mph (speed limit). I thought all was well, till the un-marked pick-up truck flying up behind me pulled me over.

I quote, "License and registration. You know, I normally don't pull people over on my way into work, but I made an exception for you."

Thanks buddy..... appreciate the Exhibition Of Speed ticket you wrote on your down time.....
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 pm

It was the year 1988 and I had a 75 monte (first car). I got 6 speeding tickets in 2 weeks and lost my license for 90 days.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:51 am

OH the power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUNLfdWVVX0&feature=player_embedded
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

Amazingly, I have never been popped, or even pulled over with a warning. I should have been...SEVERAL TIMES. Blew by a cop at about 65 in a 45(with my 98 MC)...he never moved. LOL. I don't think my luck will last much longer - so I'm trying to cool it. Emphasis on try...lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Guess im the only major street racer here?

One night I was out on our local cruise strip here in tulsa (memorial drive). Just got the new motor in the car. Just cruising around and a couple of guys in a brand new C6 Corvette pulls up next to me. They acted not interested in racing. The light turns green and we both drive normally. I bump the throttle at them got their attention and they laid in the brakes. from about a 25mph roll we went, once I got it to hook I pulled on him hard. He turned around and went the other way, I was confused at that point. Made a pass back down and saw him a some buddies setting at a muffler shop. I passed laughing at them and a 2000ish SS camaro comes flying out behind me. I was stopped at a light and a riced out honda was beside me with the camaro behind him. The honda wanted to go so when the light turned green I made some noise and let him win cause I wanted a piece of that camaro. The camaro pulled up next to me (had his GF in the car...perfect!) Went from a 25mph roll and damn that camaro was fast, but I was faster, when I got into 2nd I started pulling on him and got out a ways before I let out. He pulled back up beside me and said "lets go again" I waited for him to get the jump and off we went with the same outcome. But this time I saw red and blue flashing lights coming up, so we both bailed I hit the next street and then went into a neighborhood.

I drove back to where they were (camaro and corvette guys) asked the camaro guy what was done to it and he said nothing but exhaust, I called bullshit it was a hell of alot faster than the LS3 powered Vette.

Later I asked some buddies about it and they knew the guy and the car, he works at a local speedshop and has a $hit load done to that car. but its just exhaust hahaha

Kill stories SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 pm

It was "just exhaust" because you beat him.....

Just last year on the Power Tour, we were driving from Somerset KY to Bristol TN. I was out front leading the guys from AZ we went with, passing a LONG line of cars. There was a nice 56 Chevy leading that line sounded pretty healthy. He was doing 55 and we were doing about 60. The second I got next to him, he laid into it. He caught me off gaurd, but I dropped out of overdrive and dropped the hammer. We were dead nuts even till I hit about 4500rpm and then started pulling ahead. The road had a slight curve to it, so I really wansn't looking at the speedo. By the time he was well behind me, I let off and looked down to see 135mph. The guy ended up finding me out of the 1000+ cars at Bristol, and wanted to know what beat him. Guess he had a big block and didn't expect "that kind of car" to hand him his @$$. BTW - It happened so fast, I didn't have time to turn the a/c off.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Pshh, I don't need no A/C Wink

Just kiddin man.

lol!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:15 pm

I got a couple of kill stories in in my Eclipses, but who wants to hear about that? lol.

OK here's one.

I was just turning 16 & had a decent 70 Chevelle. By my guess it was 375-400 horsepower. Back then I thought my car was the whoa nelly & so did a few other people. I was always getting challenges, but when the BS stopped there weren't many takers. Finally the school's Furd group called me out with what they thought was fair game, a 1986 Mustang GT that pulled low 12's when it had juice (removed by previous owner). On paper, the cars were pretty well matched so I said let's go. After school we met up at the local drag spot on old Route 66 for what I thought was a 1/4 mile run. We get there & while he was screwing around with his car, I did a nice smokey burnout for the crowd which ended up hurting me on take off. Note to myself: Never heat up a set of Firestone street radials! When we took off, his car hooked up & left me while mine just slid sideways through first gear & part of second. Head Bang It took me about an 1/8 mile to catch up, but when I did it was lights out. Very Happy Assuming it was a 1/4 mile race, I let up at what was the finish line to see him barreling by me. Not one to lose a race that belonged to a Chevy, I laid into it again catching up just about the time another car was oncoming. I didn't want to be responsible for that accident, so I let him in front which was a big mistake. We ran the cars wide open for a couple of miles & he never let me back around him. Furd boy couldn't handle the embarrassment I guess. Later I noticed that someone had retarded my timing by turning my dizzy. Hmmmmm.......... That race has been an ongoing argument for 12 years over who won.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:Guess im the only major street racer here?

Surely not! I'm not into street racing myself. I don't like the attention, especially from the fuzz. However, I always drive very fast. It's rare that anyone passes me. To me, that's where the fun is, driving fast. But I don't like racing other people.
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down