G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift

3 posters

Go down

Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift Empty Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift

Post by Limey SE Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes I need this when I changed columns out I found out why it didn't work, LOL It attach's to the column part that rotates when Shifted or does anyone have a verified measurement so I can make one ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift Empty Re: Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift

Post by 73ss Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

the piece that goes from the tranny to rotate the column mechanism should be a metal linkage. Much like a regular column shifted automatic. Are you talking about the shifter cable itself?
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift Empty Re: Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift

Post by Limey SE Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:55 pm

Nope I need the cable that moves the Indicator in the dash

I need this cable

Need the Cable for Shift indidcator for console shift S-l500

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:33 pm

gotcha. My indicator is on the console itself.. If you can get a part # you can google it., someone out there probably has a nos. I've found quite a few parts this way. Might try gm wiki.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:57 pm

yea most 73's were on the console, I would prefer it that way but would have to change all kinds of stuff LOL

I wonder if this Camaro one could be adapted to the Console shift plate ?

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Tried to find one for you yesterday while out at a yard, Limey. No dice...all were gone. Probably find one at the larger yard if you aren't in a big hurry. BTW...I believe the column shift and floor shift cables are the same.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:23 pm

yea No hurry Steve she is packed away till Spring anyways, Unless we get that Godzilla El Nino there talking about and then who knows what will happen, Just cant be from a 73 as there a console mounted one, I WOULD TAKE THAT ONE IFYOU FIND one, BUT would need the shift indicator,cable and the shifter cover

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down