G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LS Conversion Help

+4
77mali
michiganlarry
dynchel
Limey SE
8 posters

Go down

LS Conversion Help  Empty LS Conversion Help

Post by Limey SE Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:30 am

http://www.brphotrods.com/products/73-77%20A%20body%20products/index.html

This swap kit is for the 1973-1977 Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Laguna, Grand Am, Can Am, Le Mans & Cutlass. It was designed around our CTS-V oil pan kit. The frame brackets bolt into existing holes in the frame so you know the engine will have clearance for accessory drives, factory AC box, power brake booster, and aftermarket suspension components. Unlike others, our kit positions the engine so there is no steering interference and maintains the proper drive-line angle for smooth highway cruising. We offer a complete line of Muscle Rods headers that give unparalleled performance and ground clearance with sizes that are matched to your engine combo. These combined parts offer an easy, strong, and clean installation of your LS engine. See our installation guide for more info on this LS swap.

LS Conversion Help  73-77%20abody%20grpsm
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

LS Conversion Help  Empty Re: LS Conversion Help

Post by dynchel Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:59 am

Very cool. Maybe someday....
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganlarry Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:11 pm

This would have made my conversion much easier.
michiganlarry
michiganlarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Wow! That sure is nice but I'd have to won the Megabucks affraid
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 pm

They work well and neat to see in an old car but all the damn parts to get it in there are so expensive. My friend just put one in his 64 Buick wagon. A 6.0. Car hauls A$$.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm

I'd be interested in the mount kit if they produced one that wasn't apparently plated with sterling silver powder coat.  I wonder if they realize they're competing with swap plates and mounts that are $90-$120 and let me use the original clam shell style mounts?

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 am

There are less expensive ways to get one in its just more work. Some people like to make it if others just want a bolt in set up. You will pay one way or another time or money its seems like.

I can tell you this from having a stock 5.3 in my 74 Laguna and a 6.2 LS3 in my 73 Malibu. I would never do a 350/350 set up again. Way more power for the money, better mileage throttle response the list goes on.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Wallyuph wrote:There are less expensive ways to get one in its just more work. Some people like to make it if others just want a bolt in set up. You will pay one way or another time or money its seems like.

I can tell you this from having a stock 5.3 in my 74 Laguna and a 6.2 LS3 in my 73 Malibu. I would never do a 350/350 set up again.  Way more power for the money, better mileage throttle response the list goes on.

X2, I did the 4.8 swap in my 73 for just under 2k (including the motor) and now Im putting together the parts list to swap a 5.3 4l60e combo in my '67 to replace the 350/350 thats in it now.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down