G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe

+2
alowerlevel
driveit
6 posters

Go down

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe Empty Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Does anyone have a front grill picture showing the correct placement of the  CHEVELLE  emblem (not the SS emblems) on lower drivers side of the grill?
They were 73 specific, the Bowtie was in the center and block type lettering CHEVELLE  was in the lower drivers corner. The emblem is 6" long and 3/4" high. Looked on Google images but most pics are of  SS's and 74 or newer. Thanks.... Rolling Eyes
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe Empty Re: Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe

Post by driveit Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:40 pm

If you have just a good shot of the front end. I can add the emblems on from another photo if we can get a photo of them as well.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe Empty Re: Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe

Post by dynchel Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Does this help?

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe Chevy-chevelle-1973
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Yep, that's why I am looking for a photo and I have an emblem I would like to mount in the correct place. Seems I am always asked what my kind of car it is and then I am asked "why it doesn't have an emblem on the front like the older Chevelles".
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:08 pm

dynchel wrote:http://midsizebowties.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/chevy-chevelle-1973.jpg
Does this help?
Yes that helps, I will see how it translates to the real thing. Thanks a lot!
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:15 pm

No problem.  Just keeping busy at work. Sleep
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm

SSTOOLMAN wrote:Yep, that's why I am looking for a photo and I have an emblem I would like to mount in the correct place. Seems I am always asked what my kind of car it is and then I am asked  "why it doesn't have an emblem on the front like the older Chevelles".

I have that Emblem also and gonna put it on the SE, WHEN and IF I ever find a decent 77 grille
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:16 am

Here limey.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/291272062824?nav=SEARCH
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 am

Here's another.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/221427932857?nav=SEARCH
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:43 am

dynchel wrote:Here limey.

wow 250 smakeroons Nice shape but holy moly
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 am

Limey wrote:
dynchel wrote:Here limey.

wow 250 smakeroons Nice shape but holy moly
At least it comes with the emblems,(one is even a SS) and the header and supports for that price. Beer
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:17 am

Was that the light weight one we were talking about before? Think we were talking about using a 77 center section though if I remember correctly.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 am

Yes, '76/'77's were plastic & aluminum.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 am

driveit wrote:Was that the light weight one we were talking about before?  Think we were talking about using a 77 center section though if I remember correctly.

yea its a Plastic waterfall type looking grille I don't need the Surround I have that in good shape, the grille only weighs about 3 to 4 pounds, If I cant it I am thinking about getting a tubular truck grille and cutting to fit Like the original owner had on it.

[img]Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe F1541298[/img]
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 am

A '74 grille is 16 lbs.  That's why I have a '76 classic grille. (Plus I think it looks more "hot rod")
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:15 am

dynchel wrote:Here's another.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/221427932857?nav=SEARCH
This is just the center, plus its NOS.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 am

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe Img_1010
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 am

Excellent! a Thumbs up lowerlevel Thanks!
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Is the emblem going on a 73 grill??
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Joe73 wrote:Is the emblem going on a 73 grill??

Was gonna mention that also if its not going on a 73 grille you will have to notch the backside of the emblem where it mounts to the grille ( not the actual stud but the square part ) that goes thru the grille, it will have to be cut off on the outer sides of the stud.
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:13 am

Joe73 wrote:Is the emblem going on a 73 grill??
Yep sure is. It fits nicely, the SS grill looks to have the exact same spacing as the deluxe, just black instead of chrome/silver color.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:24 am

I blacked mine out for obvious reasons LOL   Car is black so LOL, I may orange out the letters to tie it in haven't decided yet

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe IMG_20130108_092957_zps9e6d0765
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 am

Yeah I blacked mine out also, goes well with my already black grill. I repainted the letters white, and left the outline chrome. Matches my SS emblem nicely.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 pm

how it looked on my 76 Malibu

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe 0fdae91e
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Grill Photo needed 73 Chevelle Deluxe IMG_20141104_214408556_zpsg9eaxsbn
I changed my fender emblem color from red to white.  I noticed '70/'72 were white.   White matched my car better so I went with it.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down