G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shift linkage for column

4 posters

Go down

Shift linkage for column Empty Shift linkage for column

Post by orange Juiced Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 am

Shift linkage for the steering column is the only thing i can think of. I don't know the name, but its the linkage that attaches to the column. Anyone know if its the same size for all 73-77? Any difference from a tilt and non tilt? The chrome shop lost mine and now I'm on the hunt to replace it. Think i found one at a local yard, not sure if there's a difference.

Shift linkage for column 7895a3ed-ec73-4591-b3d7-6a91e3872cb3
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Shift linkage for column Empty Re: Shift linkage for column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 am

i took mine out 10 years ago,i need to put mine back in someday.sorry i dont have extras.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Tilt and non-tilt are the same on the bottom end. Replaced the column in my '74 with a tilt column a few years ago, with one from a '73....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Juice, I have a few pics but the site is not letting me upload them for some strange reason.  Keeps saying "no file selected" when I try to upload from my computer.  If you'd like to PM me with your e-mail I send them along to you.

I'd be tellin' that shop to look high and low. That might be a pain in the arse to find.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:58 pm

77mali- Its lost, I toss it in with some parts that my buddy was taking for his Caddy. They kept telling him that they are looking for it, its been over 2 months now. My buddy lost out more then me, I just lost this one part.

Thanks guys, I got one off a 76 base model in one of the yards on Wednesday. Burned my hand trying to climb on top of the car to remove the pin from the top. My nephew said i looked like one of the bears from The Great Outdoors, when one climbs on the hood. LOL

orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Good to hear that you found the parts. Amazing what we do to get our cars running isn't it ! Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down