G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door

4 posters

Go down

Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door Empty Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door

Post by RobW Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi,
I need to replace the front to rear brake line on my 74 Chevelle 4 door.

I was planning to buy a prebent line but noticed most stores only had only one listing for Chevelles.  Would I be correct to think this tube would be for a 2 door car with a 112 inch wheel base and would not work on a 4 door car with a 116 in wheel base?

Also, would the part for a Monte Carlo (which also has a 116 inch wheel base) work on my 4 door?

Thanks,
Rob

RobW
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door Empty Re: Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door

Post by driveit Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm

I would think the 116 would work on either one, but you may want to wait for a Monte owner to give their .02.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door Empty Re: Brake Line Question - 2 door versus 4 door

Post by dynchel Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:49 pm

That would be a good question for the manufacturer of the lines.  I've always made my own, cheaper and a lot easier to install (doesn't look as nice though)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by RobW Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Yeah, I tried emailing one of the venders (Inline Tube) a while ago, but never received a reply.  I guess they are not interested in 4 doors from our generation Sad .  In any case, I was thinking the people here would be more knowledgeable.
Rob

RobW
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 pm

I bought my lines from The Parts Place last summer. I found out their supplier is www.getdiscbrakes.com as the box was dropped shipped to my house. You can buy direct from them at the same price ($50 w/free shipping for the OEM grade front-to-rear line). Anyway, they have a 1-800 number if you want to call. The line fit beautifully on my Laguna...but, as I remember, was a couple inches longer than necessary and I just did some minor bending at the end where it connects to the flex hose at the rear axle to get it to connect. I'm guessing it was designed that way to accomodate the 4-drs?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down