G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear axle codes

2 posters

Go down

Rear axle codes Empty Rear axle codes

Post by Joe73 Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Starting playing with my chevelle.  I took a look at the axle to grab some codes.  This is just the axle I'm running because it was already set up with the gears I wanted (4.10).  My original 3.42 axle is in storage.  When I bought this axle the seller said it came out of a monte carlo but I forgot what year.  I got the codes off it and its not matching my books.  Would like to know what it was from and what gears originally came in it.  Just for curiosity.  

Code is clean and legible after a quick spray with brake cleaner and hit it with the wire brush.

Here's the code.

ABC  7 37 1

Anyone have any clue on this one??  

thanks guys.

Just in case someone needs to know. It measures 55" from inside edge of the backing plate to the inside edge of the other backing plate. Just fyi.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Rear axle codes Empty Re: Rear axle codes

Post by Joe73 Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Anyone?
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:45 pm

My buddy bought the cleanest '77 cutlass I had ever seen  (bought new in so cal and spent its entire life there until was brought to Ohio to be sold... By original owner) the whole underside was a machinery grey color. I can't say specifically the backing plates were that color(but they would contrast nicely against all the black)  As for the gasket I've used tool box drawer liner as gasket material when all else fails.  I guess I failed and posted this under the wrong topic...my bad. Embarassed

Last edited by dynchel on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong topic fail on my part)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down