G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want

+3
77mali
bitterfitter
coreys73chevelle
7 posters

Go down

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want Empty 74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:04 pm

Anyone need Parts for a 74 elky? good dash and guages, good exterrior trim, even all 4 Mud flaps. Its close by me so If you need a part i can ask them how much it is then go get it for you.

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 54014710

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 84103610

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 15562210

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 14980010

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 14908310

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 15015810
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want Empty Re: 74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Nice junkyard find! Definitely looks like some very useable stuff on it. If that dash isn't cracked, it's certainly worth saving. Looks like that steering wheel has the factory wrap on it. Bet the rim is like new underneath. Was the interior plastic in nice shape?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want Empty Re: 74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Nice junkyard find!  Was the interior plastic in nice shape?  

yep!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

Dash has a small crack on top in the center. Not bad though
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:54 pm

EDIT: Two mud flaps are broken and can anyone verify 74s having tan interior? was told its a 75 dash cuase 75s had the Tan option. (non-AC dash btw)
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:18 pm

pm sent

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Nice find! I've seen way worse cars than that on the road. That Elco is too nice to be in the junkyard much less being slowly crushed by whatever pos is on top of it. Mad 

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want Empty Re: Elcamino - PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:30 pm

coreys73chevelle wrote:EDIT: Two mud flaps are broken and can anyone verify 74s having tan interior? was told its a 75 dash cuase 75s had the Tan option. (non-AC dash btw)

Pretty certain it was only the '73's that had the Light Buckskin/Taupe colored interiors. And what I've seen with those, the dash was a very dark olive greenish/brownish color. '74 and up had the Dark Saddle like in this Elkie.

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:40 pm

coreys73chevelle wrote:Dash has a small crack on top in the center. Not bad though

a small crack? thats it? Pull that thing!
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 pm

77mali wrote:Nice find!  I've seen way worse cars than that on the road.  That Elco is too nice to be in the junkyard much less being slowly crushed by whatever pos is on top of it. Mad 

Absolutely.  What a freakin waste.   These U pull it yards simply can't be bothered to even try and clean the trash out of these occasional older cars out, put four balonies on it, and roll it out front to sell.   No, too much bother!  Just smash it!

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:00 pm

If yours has the hinge covers, get them, and the coolant tank too, that’s a 74 only item.

I also visited a doomed 74 el Camino in the pullapart yesterday, in Salinas , CA. It was complete except for the carburetor, steering box, overflow tank, hinge covers, and rear bumper. I took the rear bed trim, wiper fluid bracket, headlight trim, and some rubber pieces I needed. While I was there a guy walked up and took the sport mirrors. I thought I had found a good front bumper but there was one dent. The truck is fully rusted so it’s in the right place, no question of getting on the road. If I’d been near home I would have gotten the transmission possibly but surely the double hump crossmember, it’s still there if someone in the Bay Area needs one.

74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 1ccf8510
74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want 48da5110
74 Elcamino- PICTURE from junkyard. LOT OF PARTS GOOD let me know what you want C3592410

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down