G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opera window trim ?

3 posters

Go down

Opera window trim ?  Empty Opera window trim ?

Post by magic marouke Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:04 am

Yea I know these are hard to come by at a decent price so won't
Even ask if anyone has any .
I did bye a strip of the chrome door edge guard that would be perfect only it's just
Not wide enough to fit around the window . Have tried running a rope in the grove and leaving it in the sun but it's not going to work .
Has anyone bought some that's wide enough to fit ? Don't wanna order off the internet incase that's not the right size either . I really need an actual brand and if possible a part number from a store that someone has bought and put on their car (73 Monte Carlo) .
I'm not forking out $200 for a set so if I don't find any trim I'll just leave them bare .
Anyone ? Thanks
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Opera window trim ?  Empty Re: Opera window trim ?

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Just my opinion...but, you spent so much time and energy laying down a nice paint job on that car. Now isn't the time to skimp on the opera window trims. You know that will detract from the otherwise awesome looks of the car. Keep perusing e-Bay and try to snag some after-market ones. I see them from time to time...often at considerable savings from the $169/pr I see on some resto parts supplier's websites.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain S-3 Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:49 am

This is where I Purchased Mine I am pleased with the fit but they are Pricey, But hell if you need them you need them it is a one time Purchase.

Good Luck
Opera window trim ?  M240059-lrg

http://www.opgi.com/monte-carlo/1973/moldings/window-moldings/M240059/
Captain S-3
Captain S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Just looked them up at The Parts Place and they have them for $149/pr (shipping extra, I'm sure).
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down