G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarter window/Opera window trim removal

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Quarter window/Opera window trim removal Empty Quarter window/Opera window trim removal

Post by 77mali Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 am

Would it be advantageous to remove the glass & clips from inside on either of these set ups to remove the stainless trim?

When it gets a little warmer I'm snagging a bunch of stainless trim pieces including the 1/4 window trim off of a local Lemans junker.

I don't see how they can be removed without damage otherwise? TY.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Quarter window/Opera window trim removal Empty Re: Quarter window/Opera window trim removal

Post by Joe73 Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I dont think so. The trim on the triangle window is U shaped and just sitting there. Its a nice snug fit. You just carefully muscle it out. Even if you too the window out its the same thing on the other side. The U is just sitting on the body.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Quarter window/Opera window trim removal Empty Re: Quarter window/Opera window trim removal

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Joe73 is right...but, what makes it easier is to use a small flat-bladed screwdriver and work it behind the edge of the stainless and gently tap the end of it with a hammer to work it loose. I start near a corner and work my way along the side using this method and gently pulling on it by hand as it starts to come free. Patience is the key...don't get aggressive with either tapping on the screwdriver or by pulling it by hand and you'll find they come off pretty easily without being dinged or bent.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks guys. I was thinking that without the glass it would be easier to grasp both sides in order to minimize damage. I'll try it out in addition I have a set of tools for removal of the rear/front trim pieces that I can use to hold the trim off the body a bit.

Beer
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down