G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the weeds to the wicked! (73 Chevelle)

+11
Limey SE
alleyball4
1973montec
bigredlaguna
Laguna Budman
thatfnthing
1973 454 MONTE
badtemper44
Fishgrinder
fishhead
pila
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

From the weeds to the wicked! (73 Chevelle) - Page 3 Empty Re: From the weeds to the wicked! (73 Chevelle)

Post by Tuffenough4u Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 am

Its going to finish nicely, I will have the finished results to post in a day or so.
I need to start refinishing them if they are making 1K to lay some foam and stretch some vinyl.
Tuffenough4u
Tuffenough4u
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

From the weeds to the wicked! (73 Chevelle) - Page 3 Empty Re: From the weeds to the wicked! (73 Chevelle)

Post by Tuffenough4u Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 am

Tuffenough4u
Tuffenough4u
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 am

that is so cool How you set that all up !!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuffenough4u Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah, I can't wait to get all this stuff in the Chevelle! I have some things that are not shown in this video also. I have 100' of EL wire in red and white that will line several places of the interior like door panels, headliner, seats, etc.
I really have about all the bells and whistles I need at this point and the interior is taken care of now. Just need to reupholster the seats and door panels and thats about it for the inside.

EL wire
From the weeds to the wicked! (73 Chevelle) - Page 3 581740233_840
Tuffenough4u
Tuffenough4u
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am

I am very interested in how this will turn out.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Any updates on this build? I think a lot of us were watching the dash buildup in particular. Just wondering, that is all...
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:16 pm

His last visit was may 28th....we might never get that update.Sad
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuffenough4u Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:07 am

Hey fellas, real sorry bout the delay. I have had a lot going on training horses over this past summer and had to short come the project just for a bit due to the upcoming 2yr old futurity. But with that being said I am now back on it and have prepped the dash for completion.
I will try and update this as soon as I can!

Anyhow have a look at this little S10 my Dad and I are playing with.
We just bought an 88mm snail for it to, and we are planning to drop the bed and 4 link it soon as well. The plan is to achieve roughly 800hp on pump gas so it remains street-able.

Tuffenough4u
Tuffenough4u
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Tuffenough4u wrote:As I promised, I am constantly trying new things when it comes to things I work on and as I have been tooling with this dash some I came to a great realization of some common products to get awesome results for repadding a dash cap. On these 3rd gen chevelles, I found that there is a lot of complex shaping under the original padding that posed a challenge for filling again. Without set dies and and injecting machine I believe I have found the ultimate solution for this issue. GREAT STUFF.  Its cheap, can be found almost anywhere and when cured holds a great bond and stays flexible and on top of all that is easily shaved, cut and sanded into any shape with minimal effort.

I have actually have done this twice now, once to see if it was going to work, and then I stripped it back down just for you guys to do a video. Of coarse this is just a partial video that shows the initial application process and I will add more to show the entire process once I get more time.

Still waiting for a follow up on how this dash turned out...
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:30 pm

I want to see this dash completed!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3