G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSE lowering springs - Thoughts?

+13
dynchel
1973 454 MONTE
BK-75
ant7377
LSANTI76
JiMi_DRiX
carcass
Pontichev327
oldstofty
bigredlaguna
77mali
G3NUT
Brainstain
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

DSE lowering springs - Thoughts? - Page 3 Empty Re: DSE lowering springs - Thoughts?

Post by black eyes Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm

g3nt lowered his how much? 2inch and what size rim is on the back? thanks

black eyes
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

DSE lowering springs - Thoughts? - Page 3 Empty Re: DSE lowering springs - Thoughts?

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Any updated pics?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:30 pm

driveit wrote:Any updated pics?
Of mine? Sure, take a look at my avatar or go look in my gallery.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:36 pm

thatfnthing wrote:
ant7377 wrote:So what is shown here is DSE springs all around on your Monte,right? I like it. I might do the same. Let us know if any thing rubs.

Yup.  DSE at all four corners, and Belltech 2" drop shocks.  If the suspension doesn't travel much I should be good on the rubbing, but only one way to find out for sure!

Which Belltech drop shocks did you install? I'm not sure what the difference between these two are but I think they both will work. I was going to go with the 2209 but found the other ones and tried to compare but there are not many reviews for either shock.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EOVP44?colid=269BRZLLBN4TT&coliid=I2ERUR78B0208D&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

http://www.amazon.com/Belltech-8512-Nitro-Shock-Absorber/dp/B001P2EE4K
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:29 pm

I had to go back and dig up my order from Summit -- I used the 2209IH in the rear, and the 10102I up front.

But here's something odd: looking at Summit Racing now, they no longer list the 10102I for G3 applications, but they did when I bought them.  Don't know why they would have changed that, though some of the reviews gripe about it not fitting their G2 cars.  IIRC all I had to do was remove the oversized dust cover, and they gave me no trouble.

I'll crawl under there when I get home and take gander to be sure.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:05 am

Yep, that's them all right.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks for the confirmation! I'll order the rear ones for sure.

I think I'm good, for now anyway, with the front shocks. I installed new KYB shocks and they seem to be good during driving.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3